Notices

From detox to rehab to 30 days sober!!

Old 07-10-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

From detox to rehab to 30 days sober!!

Copied from my FB post!!

"Today is very special for me and my family as I celebrate 30 days in recovery from alcoholism/addiction!!

This is the longest continuous sobriety in my life in over 10yrs!!

For most of my life I have struggled with anxiety,depression,low self worth, and many other vises which led me to addiction. Addiction has consumed a lot of my potential to be the man I've needed to be for myself,my relationships and my family.

As of May 5th I set out with a goal for sobriety. It was a slow start and eventually led me to a medical detox facility and a residential treatment facility. This was the best decision of my life!!

I never thought I was better than addiction or living a miserable addictive life. I never felt like I was worth anything......until this year.

I want to thank everyone who has stood beside me throughout my life. Everyone who didn't give up on me!! I love you all and I'm sorry for the pain you had to endure with my addiction.

My new life started with Jesus Christ as my guide!! I couldn't have made it through this without him and my wonderful support system!!

And to the woman who held onto me,pushed me,supported me and has built me up over the last 8 months.....I love you so much Brittany Johnson !! You and Carson mean the world to me!!

Thank you Lord for giving me another day sober!!"

I owe a big thanks to all of you also! You helped me through one of the hardest times of my life.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congratulations csilvers, what a fantastic thing you've done for yourself and your family.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Way to go!

Realize that you're are at a very dangerous point, right out of rehab. I was there on 6/6/17, I feel ya. You've done a huge thing for yourself and your loved ones, now do everything to make it stick.

What's your sobriety plan?
Old 07-10-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Awesome! I'm coming right up behind you, so make sure you stay ahead always!
Old 07-10-2018, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 07-10-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thirty days is AWESOME. Way to go.

And...it is very - VERY- early. I'm another one who's always going to ask - what's the plan? Sounds like you have a lot going for you, and definitely belief in a HP - what tools, skills, and all that have you built and will you use to stay sober - and get solidly in recovery?

Best to you.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is the best news I have heard in a good while.

God is truly great.

And it sounds like he has blessed you with a wonderful family.

Thanks for keeping us posted.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Thanks for checking in! I have thought about you over the past few weeks, wondering how you were doing. Please don't be a stranger. Others would be inspired by what you have done and continue to do.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've only been home for a few days so everything is moving kinda slow. My treatment plan is pretty simple bc I am scared to death to drink another drop!!!

I plan to put God,My health and my family first. I start back to work tomorrow which will keep my mind busy. I've started working out again and also a new diet!!

So far the worst battle I've had is anxiety and worry. I've suffered from mental health for years and sobriety has definitely triggered it.

BUT for anyone struggling or thinking about sobriety I would've done this years ago if I knew what I know now!! Detoxing was a PITA and scary lol. But I never have to go through that again!

I bow have the will to live a memorable life without addiction. I want LIVE!!! LEARN!!! LOVE!!!
Old 07-10-2018, 01:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Great.

When I got home from rehab the pink cloud started to wear off, and it was hard to motivate much. What I did manage to do was to get to meetings.

Work will be good to keep you busy, but will also add stress.

Are you seeing a psychiatrist to manage your existing mental health issues?

Are you planning on any other recovery work like Rational Recovery/AVRT, AA, group, therapy, etc?

Sobriety doesn't just happen, sobriety works when you have a plan and work that plan.

You're doing great! Just be sure it keeps on keepin' on!
Old 07-10-2018, 01:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

^^Agree!
Old 07-12-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

How you doing today?
Old 07-12-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats csilvers

D
Old 07-14-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm still on the sober bus!! I've been busy at work,home,gym and with my old hobbies that I lost interest in when I was on alcohol. I haven't went to meetings yet which I know is a staple in sobriety. I haven't had any cravings either? The newfound sobriety has me so pumped that I haven't had a setback to make me want to drink.