Notices

Day 22 and bored bored bored

Old 01-22-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 22 and bored bored bored

I think I’m so bored I have a headache 🙄. I can only sit and read for so long which is what has helped the last few days. The my kids have so much cabin fever today they are getting at each other. We can’t leave the house and I’m pissy and I know it. I’m happy to be at day 22 but how do you get through this boredom?? Luckily I only have 2 hours until bedtime, so I figured I’d vent on here and see if anyone with kids has any suggestions when you can’t leave the house but don’t have the energy to play 😉 though sometimes I think all you can’t do is acknowledge the annoyance and ride it out.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try a DVD or play a board game with them.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I play a lot of video games to deal with the passing of time, i agree on trying some kind of game.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

We have lots of ideas:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ething-do.html (Looking For Something To Do?)
Old 01-22-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

bored or lazy?
with 2 children and a house,im sure there are a lotmof things that could be done.
clean the windows, play i spy with the kids, get into some crafts with the kids,clean the bathroom..........
Old 01-22-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I tried the movie and my older daughter cried because she wanted to watch Tangled for the 1 billionth time today and I wanted to try a different movie lol. my youngest doesn’t have an interest in movies or games but has been really clingy and cries when I’m not holding her this last week (probably teething).

Truly I feel lazy and don’t want to play a game. my two kids are into much different aged things. We can’t go outside right now which is a big bummer and haven’t been able to leave since we don’t have a car home.

Just a mix of cranky kids and a cranky mom

Just a little bit until bed time and then I may try to go to sleep too!
Old 01-22-2018, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope things get better tomorrow Readygo

D
Old 01-23-2018, 05:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hmmmm. Becoming unbored required becoming unlazy

Can you uber somewhere? What about a Mom's group? If you join one in your area maybe someone can help you with rides? I did the Mom group thing when my daughter was young cause, yeah, it gets old, fast.

Lets see, in house spa day? Yeah, that's work. And possibly a mess. I'm not sure there's a way to be a stay home mom and be lazy!! Hang in there.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I can identify with this! I have to admit to being pretty lazy when I get the chance!! Board games are a good idea but tricky if one of your kids is really young. Mine are 4 & 7, I recently discovered the kids version of charades, it was lots of fun, the time passed really quickly & they loved it! The cards have pictures on them so no need for the kids to be able to read.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Having a lazy day and boredom is hard for sure.
With my kids (2.5 and 4), we usually
- Play music really loud and dance around or run around the house
- Play a movie (usually goes in the background while we toy it up)
- Build train tracks with my sons Brio set
- make up games, like hot wheels racing, obstacle courses around the house, exercising (showing them how to do pushups and sit ups, yoga, etc)
- Daughter helps me bake / cook / make tea or coffee, she has a little cup with her initial on it that she drinks hot chocolate or tea out of.
- Both of them love walks
- Daughter loves a walk to the grocery store on the corner for chips and a drink
- Order pizza
- Picnic in the front room
- Get flash lights and make a old school sheet tent in the front room
- play hide and seek with stuffed animals, just hide one somewhere in the house, turn off most of the lights and look for them with the flashlights.
- Find out random snacks to make (my daughter loves PB and J mixed in a bowl and we dunk any crackers we can find into it)
- Make slime (glue and borax type) both kids love this one
- Make crafts like, color coloring books, draw, get a dry erase board at the grocery store (most stock little sections of this), could always draw really slow and have them try to guess what it is you're drawing? something like pictionary
- Online games are fun as well or apps on your phone... my son loves playing the thomas and chuggington games on my tablet, we also found another one recently where you try to put all the shapes into a square, and everytime you make lines (this is like a frozen tetris) lines will go away, so you make more room.
- Youtube! Kids love this as a lot of kids videos are short (5-10 minutes) and has some great stuff (depending on what you like... the rediculous adults potty training stuffed animals gets odd... and there are an absolute ton.. haha!)
- We play "trick or treat" around the house, so i usually hide behind a door with either a treat, or a toy that i grabbed from their stuff, a stuffed animal, etc. They usually just bang on the door and say trick or treat, or they put blankets over their heads and pretend they're ghosts...
- I get down on all 4's and start a game where i pretend i'm an animal and they usually act it out as well, or they just call me a gorilla or a horse and jump on my back and demand rides around the house
- Take sticky cling wrap (not the thin plastic stuff, but there is kinds that are a bit sticky on one side with thicker plastic) take some construction paper and cut it into small shapes, people from a magazine, cut them out too, some cotton balls, anything light... tape the sticky plastic to a window so it can light it up a bit, then make some scenes with the plastic.

All depends on what you're into, what you're up for... But i do know where you are coming from! just throwing ideas out there for you.