Notices

Weird drinking dream

Old 10-22-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird drinking dream

Had the weirdest drinking dream last night!

I was at my friends house and he said " are you fasting or casting tonight" (whatever that means) I said "I'm casting, chuck me a beer" and boom that was it, was drinking again.

We finished our beers and then magically we are in the favelas in Brazil drinking the local brew.

In the dream I knew I had broken my sobriety after four months and I wasn't even sorry, I decided to not only break it but remain drinking for life!

Then I woke up! Still feels real to me!
Old 10-22-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

As long as you stay sober when you're awake it's all good chilledice

D
Old 10-22-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
As long as you stay sober when you're awake it's all good chilledice

D
Decaffeinated coffee is what I'm drinking, and sticking to it as well LOL
Old 10-22-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i find it crazy how i dont remeber the majority of my dreams, yet still remember some of the drinking dreams i had early on. like yours, they felt more real than others.
also, in every one i knew i screwed up my sobriety. quite a few i told myself," screw it."

thank God they were just dreams!
Old 10-22-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
i find it crazy how i dont remeber the majority of my dreams, yet still remember some of the drinking dreams i had early on. like yours, they felt more real than others.
also, in every one i knew i screwed up my sobriety. quite a few i told myself," screw it."

thank God they were just dreams!
It was scary because in the dream I didn't even care!

So glad to wake up, no hangover and fresh coffee , although I do like a cigarette with it lol
Old 10-22-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Samantha

This was happening to me for a while as well and it was hard to deal with so hopefully that was just a one time thing. dreams are so weird!!
Old 10-22-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh boy did I have some drinking dreams! One was so real that I jumped awake and went to the kitchen/living area totally expecting to find the detritis of a typical drinking night. What a relief to find it was just a dream!

A few of them were those kind of dreams were people and places that don't "belong together" were all connected. Some were even funny in the way that things we did when drinking sometimes can be once we are sober and into recovery, you know?

Just dreams - keep going! Mine did fade away.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Oh boy did I have some drinking dreams! One was so real that I jumped awake and went to the kitchen/living area totally expecting to find the detritis of a typical drinking night. What a relief to find it was just a dream!

A few of them were those kind of dreams were people and places that don't "belong together" were all connected. Some were even funny in the way that things we did when drinking sometimes can be once we are sober and into recovery, you know?

Just dreams - keep going! Mine did fade away.
I just don't understand how I can be in my mates home one moment and then brazil the next
Old 10-23-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't know if the drinking dreams ever completely stopped, Chilledice. Even after five years of being sober I still have the occasional drinking dream. To be fair they're pretty rare nowadays but when I have one it's still disconcerting just like it was in the beginning. As you say, the scary thing is how natural it feels in the dream!

But as Dee says, so long as you stay sober in your waking life it's all good. My [admittedly layman's] opinion is that drinking dreams are your Beast/AV's way of "rattling the cage" and seeing if there's any way to escape. Dreams are perhaps the way the brain sorts out the thoughts of the day. In that sense they may relate to issues of significance to your waking mind but they're more passing thoughts than serious discussions with yourself.

BTW, congrats on making sobriety stick, Chilledice!
Old 10-23-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
I just don't understand how I can be in my mates home one moment and then brazil the next
ummm, because it was a dream???
Old 10-23-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

One of the best things about sobriety is that I don't remember dreams any more. My dream life when I was drinking was terrifying and soul-crushing. I kept reliving my past traumas over and over.

Hey! I don't miss that!

I did have a couple weird drinking dreams in early sobriety, but not any more.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I wouldn't try to understand it too much . When I am on my healthy eating I dream of food , when I stopped smoking I dreamt of smoking , No sex for a while I have a naughty dream .