Notices

27 and withdrawal for the 1000th time...

Old 10-20-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

27 and withdrawal for the 1000th time...

Hi...
I'm 27 female raging alcoholic. I'm on day 3 currently and am just feeling so low. I've made it through the worst so don't need to be hospitalized but haven't slept in days and just feel like a complete failure. I've had so many opportunities and I've destroyed everything. I can't even look in the mirror. I use to be pretty and now I cringe looking at myself. EVERY inch of me is so dry and my face looks awful. My stomach is so bloated and my insides feel awful. I know it will go away in time since I'm such a pro at this but can't help but feel so depressed. Just hating myself today...Hopefully tomorrow's better. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 3 seems to be a very tough day for many people. It sure was for me. Know for sure that things will get better and hopefully tomorrow you will see that. And, you never have to go through this again.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you achieve lifelong sobriety.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi kleigh - great to have you with us. Here's where the misery can end. You can do it this time & have a new life - no more regrets.

At 27 I was decades away from quitting - so you're doing far better than I did. It may be frustrating, but at least you haven't stopped trying. I knew I didn't drink like others - it meant far too much to me & I allowed it to take over my life. It was part of everything I did, & in the end I was completely dependent on it. You're not going to let that happen. Welcome.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey there,
I felt the same way during my first week of sobriety. Try to be gentle with yourself - maybe a hot bath and some moisturizer for your skin? Drinking a ton of water and eating small, healthy meals might also help soothe the process. You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kleigh - I hope things will improve from here for you
welcome!

D
Old 10-20-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Vent away Kleigh! Take some time to visualize yourself in 3 months, having quit for good this time and looking back knowing that today is, after many attempts, your final, successful day 3.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks all....

Thank you for the support. It is much appreciated. I'm feeling a little better and hopefully will get some REAL sleep tonight. I've been in AA since last October but can never put more than a month together. The Kindling effect is 100% REAL and I will not survive much longer between the seizures, DT's I've had, and on top of that I had colon cancer when I was 25. It's in my genes but I'm SURE drowning my tumor in vodka didn't help. Thank you again. I will keep you all in my prayers tonight.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello! I hope you stick around- there is so much support here. Day three super sucks but day 4 better and day 5 is way better. You know this
Old 10-20-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there ! I was in the same boat... I'm day 5 now and feeling much better ... Just tired. We can do this... I check in here every morning with my coffee and its helps me focus on the day ahead! Keep updating everyday ... We are all I the same situation xx
Old 10-20-2017, 10:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep going 💪 I felt pretty sketchy for the first week or so but it did get easier after that. You can do this!
Old 10-20-2017, 10:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome , the withdrawals are hard work I know how your feeling .
This might sound a bit corny but why don't you decide to be a pro at being sober , you've won enough medals for drinking ,too many .
Best of luck .
Old 10-21-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome, kleigh! I know all too well it's rough going early on but just keep putting those sober days together and you will never have to feel that low again. SR is a great place for advice, support and wisdom from a great group of people who really get it; coming here several times a day has been instrumental in my maintaining my sobriety for the past 22 months. Wishing you strength and peace on your sober journey.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

day 4 over !

Hey everyone,
I actually slept last night and feel a million times better. My stomach was so extended yesterday. I looked 6 months pregnant and I woke up today and only look 3 lol. I managed to clean the house, send out resumes and even went for a jog. It's insane how one day you feel like your only way out is to die and after a few days I feel like I can do this. I can't even count how many times I said this is my last chance but I know through AA and self care anything is still possible. So for anyone struggling i want to share a few days ago I stared at a bottle of pills planning on taking them to rid myself of this painful disease but I stuck it out and things are turning around. One day at a time.
Have a blessed night
Old 10-21-2017, 09:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome Kleigh.
Well done on day 4.
Now make it 5 and so on.
Keep posting.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I’m glad you’re feeling a little better🙂
Old 10-21-2017, 09:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome KLeigh, I am glad you are feeling physically better, and that you are checking in here. It keeps getting better.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

WELCOME KLEIGH. By 27 Ihad about my 10,000th re-l. You are brave and honest. For me- professional support to work out the why's and a PLAN. For everyday support- meetings. Have you though of joining the Class of October '17 thread? Keep posting. A welcome, safe and supportive place is SR. I was crap when I came here- now I am a little bit less crap thanks to what I learn, read, support and give. PJ (:-)>
Old 10-22-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

At age 27 I was on these forums making posts like this. I made some decent attempts at abstinence for the following year, and then finally completely quit drinking when I was 28, exactly 18 months ago today. I can assure you it is possible and that fears of not being able to interact or find life interesting or be interesting to other people are completely false. I can also assure you that the psychologal cravings don't last forever and actually are very mild if your environment is right. I can try to answer questions you might have about quitting at 'our age' if you like, though of course I don't know how similar our situations are/were. I wish you very very good luck.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

4 days is wonderful, Kleigh. I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better.