Tomorrow = 1 Year

Old 10-20-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wonderful, Congratulations!
Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

A whole year - what wonderful news, NewLeaf! We're so proud of what you've accomplished - and thanks for the encouragement.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The first year is a great milestone. Congrats!
Old 10-20-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your encouragement! It feels really good to know that I have this year under my belt and gives me courage to keep going. I’ve learned a lot this year and am just grateful for the support that SoberRecovery has offered. I didn’t post much actually but when I was having a hard day would check in here and it helped so much to know I wasn’t alone in this struggle. Luckily now the hard days are fewer!
To rmeatgt350 who asked when I felt I rounded the corner so to speak, it was definitely more recently after I was able to take a stand for myself and my boundaries by declining a work event that would’ve been too hard for me at this point in my journey. I feared professional repercussions for not participating but I was much more anxious about compromising my sobriety so I declined. For now I still have a job so hopefully any potential damage was only temporary. Maybe next year I will feel more confident to attend. The only advice I have to offer thus far is to listen to your intuition and not feel bad about declining situations that might be tempting to you.
I also have kept this journey pretty quiet. Of the people I have allowed on this journey with me, 99% have been extremely supportive and that has been everything to me. Find your support and don’t be afraid to say no when you need to.