Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Old 10-28-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

For what's it's worth I'm trying my best.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Kit, I can absolutely commiserate, between day 14-21 or so I was all over mood wise. One minute very content the other just feelings of compete despair, like nothing mattered at all. I am coming through that now and every day has been a bit better. Try to remember we are all so early on in our recovery our brains need time to rebalance themselves. Studies mice and rats show that that can start at as little as three weeks but their tendency to continue to have addictive traits took much longer to go away. Stay strong.

On that note here is my update. Yesterday I went to my first AA meeting ever. I was not sure what to expect but I liked it. It was very full! I listened closely to everyone and afterwards a member who heard a bit of my story got me a big book and I got four phone numbers. I still don't know if AA will be right for me but it certainly can't hurt. Speaking to people who've been what we've been through and GENUINELY want to help feels really damned good. I will go back.

This morning as promised I laid it bare for my wife. It was very hard for both of us. She was concerned and as I suspected took it far too personally. But...I told her I'm committed to quitting drinking and she supports that and has agreed to help me in any way she can. I assured her there will be no more lies, even by omission.

Had a good day doing chores, I'm going to cook her one of her favorites tonight then we can watch some Stranger Things.

Hardly clear skies yet but things are looking up.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and hey if anyone needs to chat I check the forums pretty often. Love this place.

Originally Posted by Kit2017 View Post
6:01pm

Anyone else's moods real up and down???

I'm suddenly in bits...
Was up early, walked Zygi, been working, then suddenly a wall of tiredness and emotion has hit me! Feel manic going from feeling so OK to this.

My Mum just arrived and we've had a huge argument so now she just left to go back home. I'm sat in tears now, when she came in I had a duvet on the couch feeling real tired but I was calm and smiling, in a pretty chilled mood... She brought up how good I felt yesterday, yesterday I said to her I feel so good this is it now, each day I'll feel better and better so she then said to me she must of mis understood me yesterday, she thought I was going to feel better each day now... for some reason that just really pissed me off and upset me, so I said I'll feel better each day, its obvious i'll be a bit up and down... I can't officially predict how I'll feel...

I'm not sure if It's me being over emotional and over sensitive or what. Feel awful now, she was staying here the night and having the day with me tomorrow, instead a big argument and bk home...

Just feeling so low, tired, emotional all of a sudden...
Feel like I'm going mad.

K x
Old 10-28-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Administrator

join us here for part 3:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-3-a.html

D