Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 1

Old 10-17-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Checkin in

Hey everyone, hope ya's all are well

Today is day 14 for me. I honestly never thought I would make it this far. Was a rough day (car problems today), I thought to myself, just grab a sixxer on your way home and it'll all be fine. Not that it's even that big of a deal that I had car trouble, I just rationalized a reason to drink. But somehow I held off. Now i'm eatin some taco's and catchin up on here.

Thanks for all the continued support SR peeps.

Brighten
Old 10-17-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Day 6. Feeling better than the day before day one. Sleep is not sound and my dreams are just bizarre. My best friend just told me 2 scenarios / lies I made up and told people (while intoxicated). Wowzers. Anyone else make up weird lies after a few drinks?
Old 10-17-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrightenMeUp View Post
Hey everyone, hope ya's all are well

Today is day 14 for me. I honestly never thought I would make it this far. Was a rough day (car problems today), I thought to myself, just grab a sixxer on your way home and it'll all be fine. Not that it's even that big of a deal that I had car trouble, I just rationalized a reason to drink. But somehow I held off. Now i'm eatin some taco's and catchin up on here.

Thanks for all the continued support SR peeps.

Brighten
Congratulations on 2 WEEKS! You are 1/2 way to a month. Keep it going Brighten!!
Old 10-17-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuLuBovary View Post
Congratulations on 2 WEEKS! You are 1/2 way to a month. Keep it going Brighten!!
Thanks LuLu!!

Gonna try my best through the thick and thin. And you do the same
Old 10-17-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Sinderos & chickchick

Welcome back to you too Rubaduck - I'm glad you're not waiting to start again - there will always be another 'reason' to drink.

I'm interested in your plan - do you want to share it?

D
Old 10-17-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 2 weeks Brighten - and congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today no matter what it is

I certainly made up stuff - I think drunk me wanted the attention ?

I think in my heart I have not given up forever. Sober October is fine. But November, etc etc? Not even a weekend or a few days of drinking? Ever? Not even wine or beer? Ouch.
We all live our lives one day at a time Horatio - I think it's ok to focus on our recovery that way too, in the beginning.

Forever seemed insurmountable to me, so I made a daily commitment for a while,...eventually forever was less scary cos I was already doing it

I think if in doubt cancel waxfruit - there will be other dinners and stuff when you're a little stronger

D
Old 10-17-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I've been creeping around this thread, but had yet to post. The honesty and compassion I've been reading have been a huge help to me, so thank you. I do have to say that I am 8 days sober and today was tough. It took everything I had not to stop and pick up some of my favorite wine or beer on my way home tonight. I am so proud to say that I didn't (even though every excuse I always use was running through my head as I drove by the store)! I just had to say this to people who would understand. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed that I was able to resist (Does that make sense?). This is so much more difficult than I ever imagined.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ans welcoem limic

Yeah I was amazed too - turns out I was a lot stronger and more capable than I thought

D
Old 10-17-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi LuLu, I was a big party planner while drunk, family dinners, camp outs, oh my gosh, than I had to play the game of hints, to remember what it was that I had planned/promised. oh dear, I am promising to myself that I am over all that. Not fun.

Badge
Old 10-17-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
Meso, I saw IT too, a few weeks ago! Awesome. I read the book years ago, was the best book Ive ever read. Big fan of Stephen King.
I just finished 'Salem's Lot a couple weeks ago. Really liked that one. I seem to really prefer his earlier books to any of the later ones. The Dead Zone is my favorite of the ten or so that I've read. That was a really good movie too, I thought.

Reading is so helpful to me as a way to "get out of my head." I know not everyone is a big reader, but I do think it can be a really powerful tool in staying sober. I actually looked for recovery books in my little local library the other day. Not even ONE that I saw!

I'll have to get one and donate it. I really like Sober for Good.

Sober for Good: New Solutions for Drinking Problems -- Advice from Those Who Have Succeeded by Anne M. Fletcher

Special hello to limic! So glad you decided to come out of hiding. Congratulations on fighting your urge -- and WINNING. I hope it gives you some confidence.

Hugs and strength and peace to all. Thanks for being there.

Last edited by Dee74; 10-17-2017 at 04:44 PM. Reason: no commercial links please :)
Old 10-17-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
I feel stupid but I kind of forgot about this entire site, nevermind thread.... but I have been detoxing my brain and it has been a crazy time!!! :O
So apparently it's been 6 days. My moods have been so terrible, I've been crying at everything, my anxiety has been bad, in that I feel like everyone is hating me and talking about me and just that I'm this big baby and I'm an annoyance to everyone, etc.... I feel like dementors are behind me all the time. I hope people understand the Harry Potter reference...

Anyway, so this morning I did get a little glimmer of not-feeling-so-bad. It's a relief. I've been trying to balance treating myself with eating healthy and taking care of my body. In therapy she wanted to work on the opiates part but it was actually my ED that came back so we're working on that.... There are just so many things I have to take care of at once, re mental health. So I have to be so careful! Like, I can't just grab a tub of ice cream to help with the detox because that actually sets me up for more problems. But I can't be too worried about eating too perfectly because that's stressful too. So I have to be careful about what I treat myself with.

Well!!! Sorry for rambling. I hope everyone else is doing alright.... I will try to read back through some of the posts, if my scatterbrain allows.

Edit: I can't remember if I said so, but I'm on st johns wort now, for a week. So we'll see how that goes. Also, out of the two teas I bought, one is excellent for sleep! It has passionflower in it, and passionflower has always worked well with my body chemistry. It's called "Nighty Night" by Traditional Medicinals. It also has hops and some other things in it. Tis good!
Old 10-17-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi all, it's night time in my part of the world, so just relaxing and getting ready for bed. Here's to another hangover free morning!
Old 10-17-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by limic View Post
Hi everyone,
I've been creeping around this thread, but had yet to post. The honesty and compassion I've been reading have been a huge help to me, so thank you. I do have to say that I am 8 days sober and today was tough. It took everything I had not to stop and pick up some of my favorite wine or beer on my way home tonight. I am so proud to say that I didn't (even though every excuse I always use was running through my head as I drove by the store)! I just had to say this to people who would understand. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed that I was able to resist (Does that make sense?). This is so much more difficult than I ever imagined.
Hey limic,
Yes that makes perfect sense. I go through this everyday when I pass my (former) beer store on my way home.

Congrats on your 8 days !!
Old 10-17-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

only day 2 for me but made it through and onward towards tomorrow !!
Old 10-17-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

to those new to SR

We usually close threads at about 500 posts and open a new one - saves things getting too unwieldy

join us here for part 2 of this thread

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-2-a.html (Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2)

D