Fear is a prison

Old 09-30-2017, 09:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I wasn't that brave today at all, but I really love this topic. I've tried to teach. my kids that when they are faced with a decision, they should not base it on their FEAR. Get that out of the equation and then make your decision. Not sure if I've taken my own advice, though.

I do love this quote:
Old 10-19-2017, 01:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Today I'm being brave by moving forward, one step at a time.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Today I am being brave by ALLOWING my Higher Power to guide me step by step. I am being brave by RELEASING fears, expectations, habitual thoughts, habitual actions.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Honeypig I adore this quote :
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
It has been helpful to me reminding myself who is actually in the arena. The alcoholic isn't in the arena or even the parking lot because they cannot handle daily life. Since my AH isn't even in the parking lot why would I give any time or thought in to AH opinions on life choices, raising kids, future plans etc.
Anytime I get an unsolicited comments I remind myself he's not in the arena and it helps.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You should pick up the book if you've got time dawn - it's fantastic: Brene Brown, Daring Greatly.

https://www.amazon.com/Daring-Greatl.../dp/1592408419