Blogs

Notices

Somewhere Over the Rainbow............

Old 07-20-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

And CBT treated it!

The work of Proffessor Stanley Rachman. What a man! Saved me from it!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

well--
i guess i would say that nature did not intend it that way because men and women have parts that you know, fit together , also the ability to procreate--remember im just trying to learn--not judge--i do understand there are homosexuals in the animal population as well--so i would wonder if they had a different gene to--any way --i dont care what you do --im not worried about your business as long as you dont worry about mine--lol--if a friend told me they were gay theyd still be my fiend--i guess im trying to understamd if its possibly a biological thing and say it does appear you guys may be born that way--i do know some people choose it--theyll tell you they do--it appears many of you dont--take care
Laura
Old 07-20-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi laura - and the rest of yous. I'm glad we can have this conversation too.

My thinking on it -- to me it doesn't matter whether it's a choice or not. It's my business. I know, that if there is a God......he loves me just the way I am. I'm a wonderful person who loves everyone equally. I've got a big heart and great morals. I know I'm a good person. Gay or not.

The best thing is that I'm in Love with the person (woman) of my dreams and I really don't care if other's think I'm a horrible person for it. They can go pray for me all they want......thank you I say.

In a way - acting on your true gay feelings is a choice, some others choose to commit suicide instead of acting on them. It's such a horrible thing not to feel loved my your family, etc. Luckily I didn't have that problem but I know a lot that were disowned. Craziness I say.

I'm gay and I'm in love and God loves me.

(((((((hugs to you all))))))

~doll
Old 07-20-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Five
I havent had the gay one yet. More the violent types. I can remember for a whole year, nearly 12 hours a day, trying to work out whether I was a seriel killer or not - and I have never harmed a fly in my life.

OCD, when its bad, to me is a living hell. Simply put. I was so depressed around my eyes where black and my face was white. Hell.
Since then, my OCD has been more on the compulsive side. I've been through, and retained much of: washing, cleaning, checking, counting, repeating, straightening, having to remember things, staring, not being able to throw things away, having to repeat things until they 'feel' just right, etc. I'm a freak!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob
Since then, my OCD has been more on the compulsive side. I've been through, and retained much of: washing, cleaning, checking, counting, repeating, straightening, having to remember things, staring, not being able to throw things away, having to repeat things until they 'feel' just right, etc. I'm a freak!
Yuck, DK that's not fun. I don't think I really have OCD but all of a sudden I've got this weird thing about cutting my toe nails. I cut them so much that they are short as heck and they hurt and sometimes bleed. Talk about a freak! When ever my GF hears be getting the clippers out she says "What you doing!! You dont need to cut anything!" So I show her what I want to cut and get the go ahead!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by PaperDolls
In a way - acting on your true gay feelings is a choice, some others choose to commit suicide instead of acting on them. It's such a horrible thing not to feel loved my your family, etc. Luckily I didn't have that problem but I know a lot that were disowned. Craziness I say.
Not too long ago, there was a gay guy who posted on the 'Christian' forum, desperately wanting to be 'cured'. I found the whole thread very sad.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob
Not too long ago, there was a gay guy who posted on the 'Christian' forum, desperately wanting to be 'cured'. I found the whole thread very sad.
Me, too, doorknob.

I think it's ridiculous to think that some people "choose" to be gay. Why would a person consciously choose to be in the minority, ridiculed, outcast, discriminated against, called a sinner and so on by the rest of society? I think it's time that we - meaning humanity - grow up and start respecting people for who they are as opposed to judging based on skin color, sexual preference or spiritual beliefs.

I am thrilled to be a part of the generation who is promoting gay rights in this society. Gay marriage and Brokeback Mountain are in the forefront of our social consciousness now, and for that I am grateful.

Oh - I am not gay. My brother is and I have many, many dear friends who are as well. I just happen to be comfortable enough in my own skin to allow others to be comfortable enough in theirs.

Great discussion, family!

Old 07-20-2006, 11:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

I thought I was gay for a little while back in the day. It was when the drugs stopped working so well and I felt this void inside me again....one day I just said, well I must be gay, thats it, that's why I have never been at peace with myself. So I proceeded to try to figure out if I was gay or not....I was not really attracted to men or anything, but I was convinced that I had to at least give it a good college try, so I hooked up with a dude one night while on ecstasy......and I found out that no I was not gay. Ever since then I know for a fact that homosexuality is predisposed in your make up, it's not a choice...someone who is straight can't honestly make themselves gay and some one who is gay can not honestly make themselves straight.....there are some people though that honestly are equally attracted to both sexes....and I believe thats genetic too, nothing is ever 100% black or white.

Something wierd though is that my last 2 girlfriends were both lesbians before we hooked up....so I'm guessing my female half is quite the lesbian

5 & dk, there is this really great movie about ocd I saw called "dirty filthy love" it's an english indy film about 2 people with OCD that fall in love with each other...really good and pretty realistic.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Great thread.

I dabbled with men when I was younger. I fell in lust with one when I was mad and drunk, but he wouldn't play.

But for the last ten years I've been strictly Juliesexual.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

So am I Phill (to be part of the generation promoting gay rights). To see normally oppressed people flourish and live fantastic, full lives is great. I like walking down Old Compton Street in London and getting looks of men and I am not even gay! Its just fun and different I guess.

I have been to gay night clubs, and the hedonisim is like nothing before. Although I always went that alcholic bit further and wound end up throwing up or something.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Binge poster

Originally Posted by Five
I like walking down Old Compton Street in London and getting looks of men and I am not even gay! Its just fun and different I guess.
I walked squeezed down that street a few weekends ago when we were down for pride, and in between trying to keep hold of my village-bred 13 year old (not at all street-wise), I have to say that I did enjoy the muscle on show

Shades of grey, eh?

This is a great thread. When I first came out in the 80s, a conversation this open and relaxed just wouldn't have happened, well, not in Scotland anyway.

There are still countries where it's not only illegal, but a death sentence to openly be gay. It seems the work's not done.

J
Old 07-22-2006, 02:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm totally out and would never go back in......my partner and I are in our
22nd year together, have raised 4 children (all staight by the way!) I wouldn't change who I am for anyone and as I don't have any interest in other people's sex lives......I try to take people as they are, I'm a vegetarian too and I have a genetic disorder no-one say's that that is a sin against god. I don't need anyone pity or prayers for being a lesbian only love and acceptance for being the person I am.......my sexuality is strictly my and my partners business.

Oh and most of my best friends are straight LOL.
INDIE
Old 07-22-2006, 04:48 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

thanks for letting me know all this--also how come so many gay people have kids--i mean by birth if they are gay--i know some adopt but why by birth? i would think if your gay it would be inpossible to get pregnant!--lol--just wanto understand--take care all
Old 07-22-2006, 06:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I think I will bow gracefully out of this thread now as it is beginning to feel a little like interrogation. Thanks G.G. for a thoughtful thread.
indie

We live in a beautiful diverse world and it takes all kinds to make the world.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
animal017.jpg (7.6 KB, 134 views)
Old 07-22-2006, 07:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

im sorry indigo thought that this is not my intention--i can tell you many straight wonder about some of these things--trying to better understand--if you dont tell us how will we know --how could we be more accepting?--i mean to me it seems kinda contradictory for a gay person to have kids by birth if they are gay--they must have slept with the opposite sex--and if theyve always been gay how did men get excited to get a woman pregnant and why did the women sleep with men--real straight people do wonder these things--they are afraid to ask, worrying because people get so offended --i am not judging many of us have these questions--ill pose two more and that will be it if anyone cares to reply--many of us "straight" people also wonder why many gay men lisp--is this on purpose or a natural occuring thing for them--and why do many, not all, lesbians like to look manly--if they like women, why do they like woman that look like men--and why do gay men , not all, like men who are feminine if they like men?
i love all people--we are on a common quest to beat addiction, but i think if these questions were addressed people wouldnt be so confused and/or judmental--please take care all
Laura
Old 07-22-2006, 08:20 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Way out there

rose... i understand why you are asking such questions, but you have to also understand that we get these questions all the time. I call it the " gay drill". I personally dont mind answering questions if your intentions are to understand, and not judge. That said i willtry to answer a few...

As far as the children go. My ex had 2 from a previous relationsship. I now consider them mine. I am 100% lesbian well actually dyke. So i would not feel comfortable having children my self, so that was as close to having my own as i could get. Now if i meet someone who is willing to go through artificial insemination (sp) i would love that to. I know alot of lesbian couples use that method. Gay men can adopt or have a surrogate mother give birth for them. There are several ways. Just because we love the same sex dosent mean we shouldnt have children...

Now, i am a butch, i like the more fem type of women, i know that some femmes like the more "manly" type of women because thats there preference. I dont know that there is a reason, it just kind of happens that way.

Well thats all the wisdom i have to offer. I hope this helps if even a little...

Melissa
Old 07-22-2006, 09:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

thanks mel!!--hope you have a good day
Old 07-22-2006, 04:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I was bisexual but as of now I'm non sexual.

Marte
Old 08-02-2006, 02:46 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

LMAO!
Marte -- I have no clue why I didn't respond to this way back. It made me laugh then and again today! Thank you for that.

I hope you're having a great day!
Old 08-06-2006, 05:35 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Mel Gibson..............am I naughty for doing a jig of glee? All right honey, here's you a seat...oops! Did I just pull it out from under your butt? Do a fourth step and keep coming back.