I worked my 2nd step this weekend.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:19 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BSPGirl
\

And the ocean isn't a power greater than myself, it virtually has no influence on me. \. But only me controls me, nothing else.
Marte
Aw but the moon has tremendous control over the ocean and we are over 90 percent water.. so which you is controlling which you?? It's not my intention to get too cosmic. I just think that we are much more than our forebrains tell us we are. Our conciousness is dealing with 2000 year old information and it's time for us who delve into thinking about the process of consciousness to think outside the box.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by doorknob
Just curious Michski, have you taken LSD?

And also... thanks for sharing!
I was 17 in San Francisco during the Summer of Love. It truly existed (seems like such a cliche now) and I'm still so disappointed because at that age during that phenomena I truly believed that culture would continue in that direction. Of course it hasn't.

I began taking LSD when I was 16. I never took it to get high. I took it because I believed it would open doors of perception.. and it did. I sure don't want to glorify the use of LSD. It can be quite painful if not taken for the right reason and with others with whom you completely trust. What remains from those hundreds of journeys is a profound connection with the natural world and the importance of it's physical chaos. ((( Blake))) seems to have a handle on quantum physics. Out of chaos (transition) comes order (destiny)

I have read that in a quantum physics equasion they can not disprove there is a god. I'm ok with that. I don't really care. I honestly believe that all spirituality is physical. When I say physical I mean elemental and chemical. To me the question of whether or not there's an old man with a white beard or his son Jesus doesn't really matter to me except that they (the christian right wing) are presently attempting to mandate upon us women that we can not have control over our own bodies. That Sucks! As a woman I am not going backwards into servitude and being forced to breed. Therefore, I totally reject Jesus and his old man.

I know this is getting too long. Getting back to recovery... I truly believe that our brain follows our actions. I can't stress this enough. I do believe in faking it until you be making it. Pretend you're an actor. Act like you want to be. If you do it long enough you will become the person you want to be.
Is is sincere? Is it a trick? Do I care? It works and new science is now in the process of demonstrating how it works.

this is a fabulous thread.. I really appreciate everything I have read.
Thank you!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:49 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

LSD was good for me. Shoulda just stuck with that. Can't really do it nowadays...afraid my heart would explode.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:59 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by windysan
LSD was good for me. Shoulda just stuck with that. Can't really do it nowadays...afraid my heart would explode.

I also doubt that I would take it again. I took it about 10 years ago and it was way too speedy and not at all psychedelic. It's designer stuff now.. meant to just add some sparkle to your party. Definitely not designed for a spiritual quest. those days are gone.

By the way I loved what you wrote in another threaD about Timothy Leary being God.. maybe it wasn't exactly like that but I got the drift. Brought a good smile to my face.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:10 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

He sure was a sweet old dude. He'd make a good god fellow.