What's your World View?

Old 07-07-2006, 03:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by historyteach
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=23320

You scored as Idealist.

Idealism centers around the belief that we are moving towards something greater. An odd mix of evolutionist and spiritualist, you see the divine within ourselves, waiting to emerge over time. Many religious traditions express how the divine spirit lost its identity, thus creating our world of turmoil, but in time it will find itself and all things will again become one.

Idealist 81%
Cultural Creative 75%
Existentialist 63%
Postmodernist 56%
Materialist 44%
Romanticist 31%
Modernist 25%
Fundamentalist 19%

Hmmm...well, I never heard of "cultural Creative, LOL!
And it's been a very long time since anyone has accused me of being an idealist! Conversely, no one's ever called me a fundamentalist before!

Shalom!

Wow, thats pretty much what mine looked like.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by Don S
That seems very unlikely to me!
Not me..... I think it's counting the ones who haven't admitted their real positions.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by Autumn
You scored as existentialist.

Existentialism emphasizes human capbility. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.
I much prefer dictionary.com's description of existentialism. It really does describe me pretty well:

A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts.

I like how this definition stresses the uniqueness/isolation of the human experience in an indifferent universe. I don't know about hostile, but I understand the implication. The world can be a cold place.

I thought it was interesting how far apart I scored between existentialist and materialist, though postmodernist is closer to the truth for me. So yeah, someone who believes human existence is unexplainable but open to interpretation is pretty accurate.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative - 88%
Existentialist - 88%
Idealist - 88%
Postmodernist - 88%
Modernist - 43%
Romanticist - 38%
Materialist - 31%
Fundamentalist - 0%
Old 07-07-2006, 07:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

Satanism 88%
Paganism 79%
agnosticist 79%
Islam 79%
Hinduism 75%
Buddhism 71%
Judaism 58%
atheism 58%
Christianity 25%
Old 07-07-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
alconaut

Romanticism

For those of you as curious of the definition as I was, I went back and took the test until the result came up "romanticist."

Romanticism encourages society to look backward to find our solutions. Your rationale is that things were much better a few hundred years ago, so we should thus look back to those times and replace them in our modern society. You believe in a simple life and that the complexities of the modern world have turned it upside down.

I'd have loved to have lived in the Victorian era.....

*sigh*
Old 07-07-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Here I go: lol doesn't surprise me.....

You scored as Cultural Creative.

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative

75%
Existentialist

63%
Postmodernist

56%
Materialist

50%
Idealist

50%
Modernist

38%
Romanticist

31%
Fundamentalist

31%

And on the 2nd one that Bahookie found I scored as:

You scored as Buddhism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already. In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth.

Buddhism

71%
Paganism

67%
agnosticism

67%
atheism

58%
Islam

54%
Judaism

54%
Satanism

50%
Hinduism

38%
Christianity

17%

Now, that did surprise me somewhat, hmmmm does make sense though. Very interesting!!!!

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 07-09-2006, 06:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Here is my input (this is a fun test!)

Cultural Creative

75%
Postmodernist

75%
Existentialist

69%
Fundamentalist

63%
Idealist

63%
Modernist

56%
Romanticist

50%
Materialist

44%

What a mix, but doesn´t surprise me. No wonder I loved the existenalism at the University. Sartre would be proud!

Love and light,
Old 07-09-2006, 10:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Cultural Creative

63%

Existentialist

50%

Postmodernist

50%

Materialist

50%

Idealist

50%

Fundamentalist

44%

Modernist

38%

Romanticist

38%
Old 07-10-2006, 04:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

You scored as agnosticism.

Just how I figured I would score.
Good stuff, thanks for the links
Old 07-13-2006, 06:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Idealism centers around the belief that we are moving towards something greater. An odd mix of evolutionist and spiritualist, you see the divine within ourselves, waiting to emerge over time. Many religious traditions express how the divine spirit lost its identity, thus creating our world of turmoil, but in time it will find itself and all things will again become one.

Romanticist

56%
Idealist

56%
Cultural Creative

50%
Existentialist

44%
Modernist

44%
Fundamentalist

44%
Postmodernist

38%
Materialist

31%
Old 07-14-2006, 12:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Materialist - although very nearly existentialist as well - came down to a tie break!!

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Existentialist

81%
Materialist

81%
Cultural Creative

75%
Modernist

63%
Postmodernist

63%
Romanticist

44%
Idealist

31%
Fundamentalist

19%

You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.
I DON'T actually believe this but do believe everything can be BETTER understood by breaking it up into it's pieces.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:33 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My results where:

Existentialist: 69%

And my least was Fundementalist with about 2%

Great test HT. enjoyed that.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:36 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

"A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts."

Thanks for this Autumn. I found this actually very beautiful as description. Sums me up to a T.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:36 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Great Test HT. Really impressed with this thread!
Old 07-14-2006, 01:43 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

This doesn't really surprise me....

You scored as Materialist.

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Materialist
81%

Modernist
75%

Postmodernist
63%

Existentialist
63%

Cultural Creative
50%

Idealist
38%

Romanticist
13%

Fundamentalist
6%
Old 07-14-2006, 02:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
alconaut

Wow Don!

I can't believe you actually this test. I didn't think you would, so one day I took it for you.

I answered the questions the way I thought you would. The results were a bit different.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:08 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by Five
"A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts."

Thanks for this Autumn.
You're welcome.

I found this actually very beautiful as description. Sums me up to a T.
Likewise.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:12 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

The way that can be named is not the way-Lao Tzu
Old 07-16-2006, 12:54 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Cultural Creative.