Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

I Drank After 2 Years and Six Months: I’m in Despair

I Drank After 2 Years and Six Months: I’m in Despair

Old 08-25-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Well, hello Tatsy!

I applaud you for telling us what is not helpful to you. There is no absolutely no reason to feel self-conscious about saying so. Thank you.

What do you think would be helpful to you (from us) when you go dark here?

xo
O
Old 08-25-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Sorry if this is out of line but there’s just one point I’d like to make about AVRT for those looking in from another perspective. Respectfully, I don’t see it as that much more implausible than the concept of having a daily reprieve contingent on one’s “spiritual fitness”, implying a permanent “spiritual malady”.. Observing a thought or feeling objectively does not mean engaging in battle with it, but in fact it enables just the opposite- a stance of neutrality. Rendering that thought or feeling powerless over one’s actions.

Tats, I applaud you for expressing your authentic self.. I do believe we all need to be our own best advocates when it comes to telling other people what we need (and what is not helpful). How can we help you cut off the fuel supply to your AV?
Old 08-25-2019, 01:34 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

This is your thread your way Tats. I also am very glad you shared your feelings.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

I realise this is a Secular forum..... but, there’s no other word for it: I’m blessed with the presence of you all in my thread. There are no emojis to express the depth of my gratitude, for your benevolence.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

So glad you expressed how you feel Tats. That is huge!
Old 08-25-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Tats,

I totally agree, you go girl, but how CAN we help if at all.

I loved this "that's what makes me vulnerable...the whole homo sapiens thing." Classic!

X
Old 08-25-2019, 06:47 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Yes what Dropsie asked and also, ahem, what is your current and future plan with regard to alcohol?
Old 08-25-2019, 06:59 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

DavidB

You know what to do. Get back into the rooms and get a sponsor or contact your sponsor. Hit a three day detox if necessary then go get a white chip and spill your guts!!!:
Old 08-25-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Surgnurse, Tatsy does not "do" the rooms. I'm guessing maybe from your subject line you may have landed on the wrong thread? If you meant to be here, then please read through the thread to get a better understanding of where Tats is at.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:06 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Oh and, welcome! I see that was your very first post. You might want to start a thread for yourself up in the Newcomers forum so others can greet you as well.

O
Old 08-25-2019, 08:01 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome surgnurse

like others have said, this is the Secular forum - it's the one forum here at SoberRecovery where 12 step discussion is off topic.

Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
This forum is a non-12-step forum. It is open to all our members who approach their life with secular viewpoints.

Discussions are fine. Respectful disagreements are fine too. I consider a discussion a conversation when all parties are listening to each other and sharing ideas. Respectful disagreements are disagreements that still allow the other person their own opinion. Discussions are showing an interest in understanding why another feels a certain way. We listen intently as they explain themselves and are free to admit any error in our own ways of thinking. A discussion is a cooperative effort and seeks resolution resulting in a peaceful end even when there are disagreements. Discussions help all to gain a better understanding of both sides of the issue.

Debates [for the purpose of this forum] are when posters only want to express themselves and discredit the opinions of others in a disrespectful way. Attacking someone else's ideas is not appropriate. Defending a belief that doesn't relate to the purpose or topics of this forum is not appropriate. Posts that flame or mock another recovery method, spiritual belief, sexual preference, race, disability, mental illness, moderator, or member etc.. are inappropriate. Off site links with similar content are also inappropriate.

This forum is for topics that are not spiritual or faith based. We have 2 other forums for those topics. Members who have spiritual beliefs are welcomed to post here as long as they stay on topic.

Links to noncommercial recovery sites and informational and educational material are permitted.

Links to other recovery message boards and commercial recovery sites are not permitted.
Hope to see you around the other forums too - Newcomers,Alcoholism or any one of the 12 step forums

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 08-26-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Good morning, Tatsy.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hi Tatsy

I’ll match that Good Morning and raise you a How Are You?
Old 08-26-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Good morning O and Hawks, I’m composing a multi-quote draft, for later posting.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Working through my admin, which I detest.

Send good thoughts my way. I am trying to apply my Never Quit the Decision to getting through this stuff today.

X
Old 08-26-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Go, Drops!
Sending good vibes your way.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts, Tats.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

You can do it Drops--the keto thing can help there. I find it helps to focus mentally and detach as more time passes the closer to carnivore I am.

Maybe a nice steak tonight? Spoil yourself a little.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I am finding that too about the carnivore thing, which gets me worried about the environment, and I don't need any more detention marks in that department when I fly so much.

But for right now, while I try to get off this extra rubber tire I have, its about me, so bring on the beef!

And now back to the focus of this thread, sending good thoughts your way Tats.

Let me know if I can help.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:12 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Here’s one of my posts on SR from three years ago. Sitting here, I don’t recognise that earlier Tatsy, but I’m reclaiming that Authentic Self, now. The powerful, determined, happy one. Reading the below post, hit me with startling clarity, that I’d lost ‘myself’ to addiction, once more. Never again.

As a rider, I’ll add, my reference to ‘morality’ is my own, in-built, moral-code, my true, positive core principles and beliefs. Drinking distorts me, brings out the worst in me, corrupts me, harms myself and others. So, as MesaMan says, I don’t kick my dog, and I don’t drink. Line drawn in the sand. Stepping over. I will step into the best version of Tatsy, which can only be achieved, alcohol free.

This final time: I’ll never drink again: NO MATTER WHAT. Unconditional.

I too found it useful to attach a morality issue, albeit painful. But once I'd researched the bio/neuro basis of addiction and acquired the knowledge that I had an inbuilt power to quell the addictive drive; and live my life as the Beasts’ master and not it's slave. Then at that point, to not put that power into action, would've been wrong and against my morality.

I'm newly recovered and can attest to the relief I felt, the joy and excitement, that I was free, so long as I recognised the AV.

Presently, it's screaming that 'you're a loser because you wasted so many years drinking'. It's a joke, what it really wants is to berate me so that I become depressed and waste more years drinking. Ultimately kill myself, if I let it! Well that's not happening, its views are summarily dismissed, no more white knuckling and fighting with it. IT may have a voice and feelings, but I no longer listen to IT.”

Tatsy’s back, for good. Of course, input on other homeo-sapien issues is welcome! For people who dislike the term Beast, and I do too! I prefer Dee’s parasite metaphor, or even, that part of my brain/psyche that’s affected by alcohol.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:17 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Welcome back!!!!