LifeRing in SoCal

Old 02-19-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

LifeRing in SoCal

I recently started going to a LifeRing meeting in Moreno Valley, CA, and I am liking the philosophy so far. It's a very small meeting, but I am hoping that it will grow.

I just wanted to connect with any others in SoCal who are going to LifeRing meetings, or who might be interested. I know there are also some in L.A. and San Diego, which is a drive for me, but I'm wanting to go check out some of those.

Or if there is anyone, anywhere who is using LifeRing and would like to talk about it on here, that would be good too! :-)
Old 02-19-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi damselfly,
when i first got sober, i decided i needed to go to one meeting, one time, to drill into myself that indeed i had this “problem with alcohol” and i had seen a flyer advertising a LR meeting and i went. i went because i needed that public showing up, just once, and because i definitely was never ever going to go to an AA meeting, and because somewhere on that flyer was the word “unhooked”.
getting unhooked was what i had been desperately trying to be and had not been able to be, by myself.
so i went to that one meeting, felt overwhelmingly welcome and heard, knew this was the right place for me and attended that meeting for as long as it ran. later, i started another meeting with a guy who is my sober pal from that original meeting, and many years later we still get together for coffee every few weeks.
LR was the perfect fit for me in new sobriety.
(later, i discovered i had other needs and joined AA to address them, but neither here nor there for purpose of this thread).
great to hear you are finding it useful to you.