Has anyone tried hypnosis to stop the cravings?

Old 03-15-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hopefor2018

Not sure if it's already been covered in this forum but have always wondered if that would help.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I know, for me personally, I was unable to effectively address my substance abuse issues until my Bi-Polar disorder was diagnosed and properly treated. It was not a cure for the substance abuse, but with proper medication and CBT therapy I am now able to address and work on the SA portion of things.

One reason I feel that 12-Step recovery was not effective for me was that generally the issues of mental health and substance abuse are generally dealt with separately, if at all. At least that has been my experience.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Freepath, you are right on in everything you said in your OP. I am doing CBT (cognitive behavior therapy) in addition to a cocktail of meds. In my case, the mood disorder preceded using substances. They call it dual diagnosis. I am sure you know this

At any rate, very informative. I am loving my new treatment program and it's very valuable. It is too bad there aren't more like this one out there.
Katie, I was lucky to find an amazing CBT therapist (at the second attempt. The first was rubbish).
I wholeheartedly recommend it.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I’ve tried hypnosis for other things it didn’t help. Not saying it wouldn’t for you. Everyone is different. Just try what’s the harm it can do. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi hopefor2018. I have wondered this too. I am open to trying this but also wondered if it worked before doing it.

Did you end up trying?
Old 05-02-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nope. But I am certain I was never able to be hypnotized but the Hypnotherapist didn't want to tell me so she would think I got my money's worth.

I definitely have heard stories of situations where it did work... just needs to be the right type of individual.