# 1 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

A Mindful New Year - Week Eight

This thread follows on from week seven's located here:
Week Eight resources are here:
Final week!

Old 02-19-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is the first time, in a long time, that I’ve stuck to a commitment (save for not drinking). I’ve really enjoyed the course and have benefitted from increased Mindfulness. On reflection, a major benefit, in addition to noticing and then letting the automatic, preprogrammed thoughts flow on by and not attaching to them: is that the days seem longer, once I shift out of automatic gear! Which means that whatever life I have left, will effectively be perceived to stretch out longer!
Old 02-22-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
... whatever life I have left, will effectively be perceived to stretch out longer!
you're welcome

I'm glad you, & hopefully some others, have found the course useful, thank you coming along for it I know myself well enough to expect that my discipline/motivation would wobble after a few weeks, so having some company has helped me stick to it & having other peoples' thoughts along the way has given me some other viewpoints.

I haven't stuck rigidly to the daily meditation schedule by any means, but I've done okay. I think that in itself is a useful mindfulness lesson - not to let little transgressions divert me from the greater purpose; persistence beats perfection!
Old 02-22-2018, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

I rather like this video from the week's supplementary materials:
especially what he says from about 9:14, in particular "if happiness is on the opposite side of success, your brain never gets there ... we've pushed happiness over the cognitive horizon".