Forced to Drink - Apparently It's a Thing

Old 06-22-2017, 11:40 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

When I see things in the light I did before I quit drinking I'm likely to have trouble coping and higher chance to pick up a drink again.

With the benefit of CBT, SMART and a support system I am much more likely going to be able to deal with the discomforts of life, change the way I see the world around me and stay sober.

There is actually a scientific study that backs this up.

For me, being able to deal with irritants and extreme stressors helps me to stay sober.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Here's how insidious IT is , a problem/discomfort is an opening to be exploited regardless of solution or lessening of discomfort. IT will pounce on you when you are down, feel in trouble, are uncomfortable, IT actively looks for those things, can almost imagine IT cheering those things on.

A BP means that you have already decided that drinking is not going happen, no matter what, so IT can't offerdrinking as a solution. There is no other healthier solution best picked when ITs 'solution' is offered, not because it's not a good choice, it isn't even a choice, that has already been decided. Not big deal either, because IT wasn't offering a 'solution', IT just saw an opportunity for more booze visa vis the offer . Just like the 'offer' for making a celebrative situation 'better'

Yes! Your greatest tragedy will become IT's greatest opportunity.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
quat

Reading my quote again, I'd like to amend the 'pounce', not like a push up doer in the parking lot that is able to bowl you over, more like a 2 wk old kitten jumping on a three hundred pound wrestlers shoulder