AVRT What about safety?

Old 11-24-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AVRT What about safety?

I have read the crash course and love the concept but reading other stuff says it can be very dangerous to just stop drinking with regards to withdrawals or even worse D T's
Old 11-24-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

With any recovery system if it is best if you can medically detox. Just stopping cold turkey is extremely dangerous.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

The AVRT Crash Course has a VERY CLEAR warning about detox

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
I have read the crash course and love the concept but reading other stuff says it can be very dangerous to just stop drinking with regards to withdrawals or even worse D T's

Hi Kaily and sg1970,

I encourage you to not skip over the paragraph that starts with the red word IMPORTANT: as you go and look at the Crash Course again.

By the way, now that you've done the AVRT Crash Course at least once; What are your plans for the future use of alcohol?

All the best to you both,

GT
Old 11-24-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kaily

I'm not an AVRT expert but it looks like GT is giving you the good oil.

Sounds like your AV is fighting dirty.

When it reminds you how dangerous detox can be, remind it that drinking alcoholically is every bit as dangerous, if not more so.

D
Old 11-24-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Hi Kaily and sg1970,

I encourage you to not skip over the paragraph that starts with the red word IMPORTANT: as you go and look at the Crash Course again.

By the way, now that you've done the AVRT Crash Course at least once; What are your plans for the future use of alcohol?

All the best to you both,

GT
Thanks for the reply.
Please can you send a link for the paragraph as I can't find it
Old 11-25-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Withdrawal and detoxification from alcohol is a medical issue, not an AVRT issue. The most serious consequences are low probability events. However, if you have concerns you should consult a professional.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Kaily,

It might help for you to recognize the fear you feel as that of your Beast, which is terrified of death by deprivation of its precious stuff. Afraid that you might take action against it, your Beast will play hardball, and threaten death by detox. It will borrow from the exaggerated withdrawal stories from drunks on the Internet, and from the ATI's warnings about the DT's, to create a huge melodrama in which you writhe in agony before finally departing.

The Beast wants you to ignore the very sound medical advice that you have already received from your NHS doctors multiple times about tapering off, so that you keep feeding the Beast its precious stuff forever. You can either fall for this very common Beast ruse, or you can take strong action, and do what the good doctors suggested. You can start by getting rid of the vodka and any other distilled spirits, which are not suitable for the task.