Right or not right?

Old 10-16-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Tatsy,

The Beast will exploit any tragedy to suit its single-minded agenda. It will tell you that you should not feel bad about your dog being injured, and then suggest taking away your ability to be there and care for your wounded friend by getting drunk. Disgusting, no?

The Beast is a sinister, ruthless potential, and it doesn't care about anyone or anything. To the Beast, the world is just one large spherical drinking establishment hurtling through wide open space. The only thing that it wants you to "cope" and "deal" with is its own deprivation.

Be as cruel to the Beast as IT would be to others, human or canine. Abstain, take care of your companion, and do not concern yourself with the Beast's suffering from deprivation.

(See "How Rotten Can the Beast Be?" on Pages 191-193 of RR: TNC)
Old 10-16-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're here Algorithm, with your wise words. Yes, I shall re-read the pages you referenced. You're so accurate. I shall deny the Beast it's craving and instead by able and ready to properly care for my darling dog when he returns from the veterinary surgery. I love my dogs more than myself, so the fact that my Beast is willing to encourage me to become so incapacitated due to drinking, that I'm unable to care for my seriously ill dog, is evidence of its ruthlessness. I must continue to defeat it by being just as ruthless to its pleas for alcohol; meeting like with like.

Thank you for being here, although I realise it's probably because you're incapacitated. I continue to wish you a speedy and positive recovery.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Hi Sainos,
You are correct on the " last statements". It's truly sad, but understandable, why an addiction treatment "professional" would regard what you have done as "sounding insane". Coddling and integrating the Beast into perpetual and endless recovery is a parallel universe with a long history of its own creation. You are now free from it.
GT
Yes, I thought I was right, but then I thought, maybe I am getting a bit carried away haha
According to her if I called her method insane, then there's a "fault" in me, that she called my method insane, there's still a "fault" in me, that's what I hate about recovery groups (of any sort), unless you agree with what they say, you are always wrong. Thats what I meant when I said I was afraid of losing my "self"
Although it would be insane anyone in the recovery industry to suggest that people could do it alone by just not drinking and getting on with their lives, they would all be out of a job. Or at least out of a "life purpose" if it is not their job, but what keeps them from drinking again.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Oh, meant to type 'me like a bull with a ring in my nose'. When I was drinking,mid slowly, methodically type and spell correctly. Now, I've much lost time to regain and type fast, but corrected the above, because, otherwise, it didn't make sense! Oh, plus, I can't stop using exclamation marks because I'm a Baddass. Freshstart coined the phrase to me and being in the UK it sounded bad, so I googled it.

So yes, Badass, tough, uncompromising and intimidating - towards that silly Beast, with its wrong attachment to alcohol as a requirement for my wellbeing.
Yes, I understand the wanting to make up for lost time. Why I don't want to waste anymore of it. When you think about it you trust your survival instincts to do what is right for your survival, you wouldn't dream it could malfunction, but it does and it has!
I agree with everything in your post before this too.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goodfellas View Post
Isn't he presence of the beast indeed a problem ? Confused - if it weren't a problem we would need AVRT / rational recovery ?
As I understand it Goodfellsa the BEAST is the urges coming from the midbrain, the primitive animal brain, that makes sure we get everything we need for our survival, water, oxygen, food etc, and it will find ways, in words images and feelings to communicate to the neo-cortex(me) what the body needs.
The AV IS that voice, those images and feelings, but with alcohol, it mistakenly thinks we need it. So the way I see it, the BEAST brain is the drive, the need and the AV is the means with which the Beast gets those needs met.
If I recognise certain "self talk" as not me but the BEAST looking for a way to meet IT's needs, then I can seperate from IT from me and IT's needs should no longer concern me!
Old 10-29-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Hi Sainos,
How's your using AVRT been going for you these last two weeks?
GT