SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   41 months with the same ATM card,:)) "a record" (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/389457-41-months-same-atm-card-record.html)

Stewart888 04-13-2016 07:52 PM

41 months with the same ATM card,:)) "a record"

Well my friends I need a new ATM card.
This one is just plumb wore out. Can not even read the numbers.

Honestly I used to go though a few a year by leaving them in ATM machines somewhere in this city. I'd remember to get the money but not the card. If I remember correctly in California my bank ATM would give the card first then the money would come out, not here in Thailand, money then the card....

Monday (it's Thai new year here now) since banks are closed i will walk in and ask for a new card..Just wanted to share....:)) maybe some of you can relate..

freshstart57 04-14-2016 10:12 AM

Stewart, that sounds like another big milestone. Well done. And S̄wạs̄dī pī h̄ım̀!

Stewart888 04-14-2016 07:24 PM

Thanks, Happy Thai New Year to you too. Really a fun 3 day holiday. It's so hot and the water being throwing on you, at you from all sides feels so good. Just so much fun.
Best part, waking up the next day feeling great.:)) Ready for day 3 now...

Hope all is well..

SoberHoopsFan 06-16-2016 11:12 AM

Yikes, when I was drinking I lost so many ATM/credit cards I could not even remember how many. Often, I would open a tab at a bar and just forget them there, but would be too embarrassed to return to retrieve it and just get a new one. Like you, when I quit drinking, I kept the same card for what feels like an amazingly long time. One of the many pleasant returns from sobriety.

JeffreyAK 06-16-2016 06:56 PM

Ha, I did the same thing, I'd go get money for more alcohol, I'd take the money and I'd leave the card in the machine! I probably lost a half dozen cards that way in my last couple years of drinking. Since quitting, it hasn't happened once. :)

shockozulu 08-08-2016 04:24 PM

I finally cleaned up my credit record enough that I'm waiting for my first ATM card in over 20 years. I hope mine lasts as long as yours.

jazzfish 08-08-2016 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by shockozulu (Post 6083398)
I finally cleaned up my credit record enough that I'm waiting for my first ATM card in over 20 years. I hope mine lasts as long as yours.

One of the first steps I took after getting a few weeks sober was to get to know my financial situation. I added up the debt, figured out the interest rates, learn all my passwords to utilities, credit cards, and banks. It was uncomfortable as hell but it really opened my eyes to how I had been living my life.

shockozulu 08-08-2016 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by jazzfish (Post 6083462)
One of the first steps I took after getting a few weeks sober was to get to know my financial situation. I added up the debt, figured out the interest rates, learn all my passwords to utilities, credit cards, and banks. It was uncomfortable as hell but it really opened my eyes to how I had been living my life.

Same here. One of the best things I could have done as it enabled me to start taking care of my my student loans and old overdrawn checking accounts.

Of course now that I have my student loans on hold I'm going back for my BA in Paralegal Studies :lmao

shockozulu 10-23-2016 02:33 PM

I just had to mention this here as it's the first thing I thought of when it happened. I will be getting a new ATM card already. The good news is that my credit union is sending them out to everyone as they are now containing the chip.

Steely 11-20-2016 01:04 PM

Our cards come out first. In my hurry to get back to the pub I'd grab the card and leave the money. On return, it would be gone. Sad.