Ideas on controlling drinking

Old 08-05-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
quat

Originally Posted by March1234 View Post
Hardly spending much time... But, it's a very important goal to keep alcohol under control, and I've seen when that fails and that can be way more difficult to cure than just paying attention to moderation.

I spend a LOT more time with other relationship goals and help. I do get counseling occasionally, but probably don't need it. I read a lot of good info and articles to my lady on quality relationships, and carry those into our lives. I try to may a significant effort to constantly improve, make her happy and provide for her, in addition to paying attention to my own goals. Alcohol control is just one of those.
People who consciously moderate their alcohol,consumption by definition have a problem , a drinking problem that needs strict attention. Abstinence removes all alcohol related problems, other than obviously, damage caused by prior alcohol consumption.
My opinion is that people who spend any amount of time concerned with their alcohol intake have a or several problems with alcohol consumption. Why is it you are so concerned and determined to keep drinking as a staple of a life well lived and enjoyed, especially given your wife's past drinking history?
Old 08-05-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi, Marcher:

We have a section here called Friends and Family of Alcoholics. You might consider posting your concerns there. They have much experience dealing with alcoholic spouses, etc.

They may have info to give you about how moderation worked for them.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Oops, sorry to get your name wrong above, March1234.