What would it look like?

Old 04-06-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes, sure there would be conflict over land, water, oil etc. youths with still form territorial gangs but lots would essentially disappear I believe.

Thought sims like i believe God A and not God B would vanish ie apostasy. Sims of the bedroom would go. Why do many modern Gods care so much about sex between two people.

People are massacred on a weekly basis because of which fantasy they generally were born into believing in. This would all go just like people are not killed if they don't believe in the Easter bunny or Santa.

Killing isn't the only thing. Being born a catholic my old church has a terribly hypocritical and detrememtal history; forced adoptions, banning of contraception in aids riddled Africa and some of the nuns in my own school were practically sadistic.

Religion can make people do good(often out of fear of God) and it can make them do bad(often out of fear of God). I'm all for spirituality as posses to deity.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

have you tried sitting outside quietly? i find that by connecting to nature i can connect with the creator. i have no clear answer for what the creator is exactly. but in those moments i find peace, i find i no longer need to have those clear answers. i have found some truths that i hold valuable in my connection to god. i could share, but i dont think being preached to is what you want. it seems you want to know if its all or nothing. sitting quietly in the midst of how the creator (even if the creator is the big bang) created everything, with no man made rules or influence, to just feel, could remove you far enough from religion that you can just experience it, w/o seeing the dogma.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Marcus,
if you seriously want a different look as to the whole "idea" of what "religion" is and isn't, or might or might not be, esp. when it is put in relationship to faith, then here's a bit of an obscure book you might get from the library:
Wilfred Cantwell Smith: The Meaning and End of Religion
fascinating.
thought-provoking.
open-ended.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

By the way I'm or illiterate but my auto-correct is.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I realized I probably posted this discussion in the wrong forum, but thanks for not shaming me for it. I have been around long enough to know better. I do appreciate all of the insight. Onward we go!
Old 04-07-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

One day the aliens who genetically engineered us will come back and all of human kind will unite under one alien God!
Old 04-07-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Thanks everyone. I realized I probably posted this discussion in the wrong forum, but thanks for not shaming me for it. I have been around long enough to know better. I do appreciate all of the insight. Onward we go!
I have been reading your posts with great interest and from my perspective you have exactly the right forum to discuss these issues. If I could put "encouragement" in a giant bucket, I would walk over to you and pour it over your head. Keep up with thinking and exploring and skeptical enquiry. You may find peace right in the middle of an attempt to live life based on reality, who knows. Perhaps for you like me Peace actually means being settled within a robust, rich way of living exploring all life has to offer.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Jee am I happy I don't believe in some thing like a god so I don't have to worry about **** like this! Life's too short and too prescious to waste on going to church and pray to something you can't see. But hey what ever makes you happy