Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

Addictive Voice Recognition Technique (AVRT) Discussion Part 6

Blogs

Addictive Voice Recognition Technique (AVRT) Discussion Part 6

Old 10-23-2022, 08:07 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rpetezzz View Post
knowing that I don't have to work in time for me and my Beast to spend some "quality" alone time together. Wow!
I like the way you acknowledge "quality time spent engaging the AV." Once you identify the AV, as almost everyone can because it resonates so well, you have probably fully identified the psychological aspects of the problem of addiction. Once the physical cravings become manageable, all that is left are the psychological issues. These are most important in staying sober permanently. By avoiding quality time with your AV, which I assume means just plain ignoring it the way you would a petulant child, you are on your way to mastery of your alcoholic addiction. Oh, the AV still rises it's stupid petulant head from time to time, but that which once came over a "loud speaker," eventually becomes a whisper, but beware of the whisper, it can be dangerous too. Listen, identify, and then ignore the AV. As it becomes more and more habitual, mastery of your own life becomes easier and easier.

I don't have to think about staying sober anymore. It's just the way my life is now, and I am free to think about more enjoyable things.

Welcome to a better life, not perfect, only better, but a lot better.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DriGuy For This Useful Post:
dustyfox (10-23-2022), Free2bme888 (10-28-2022), JamesW (10-23-2022), MythOfSisyphus (11-01-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 11:14 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

DriGuy>>> This is what I said: "The thing that jumps out for me is that it is so much simpler to make calendar type decisions knowing that I don't have to work in time for me and my Beast to spend some "quality" alone time together. Wow!"
What I meant was that I did not need to set up time for alone time to drink. I thought I was being cute. Perhaps too cute. However, your response as to how to respond to the AV was very, very helpful. Thank you. I will resist the urge to talk back. But I can smile knowingly when I recognize him. Thank you so much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rpetezzz For This Useful Post:
Free2bme888 (10-28-2022), MythOfSisyphus (11-01-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 05:41 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rpetezzz View Post
DriGuy>>> This is what I said: "The thing that jumps out for me is that it is so much simpler to make calendar type decisions knowing that I don't have to work in time for me and my Beast to spend some "quality" alone time together. Wow!"
I thought I was being cute. Perhaps too cute.
It was cute, although I would prefer to call it clever, and in an A+ kind of way. That's what I liked about it. Then I just had to continue on in my usual blathering way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DriGuy For This Useful Post:
Free2bme888 (10-28-2022), MythOfSisyphus (11-01-2022)