Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

Symphony of Science - Scientists become rock stars!

Symphony of Science - Scientists become rock stars!

Old 01-10-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What a great thread, enjoyed the science stuff at the top but ADORE the Pogo stuff... Right up my street & my teenager will sure appreciate it too!
Thanks all & for being here
Old 01-10-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I love this channel!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Cymatics Vid

A lil Thread diversion to get this Concept in front of all the fellow inquisitive types that hang here...

This Gent's Experiments linked below really float this p/t Bassist's Boat. I've been mucking with Sound and Recording since about 8th Grade. I own some of the Gear in this Vid, so who knows where these ideas might take me?-)

When I built our first Club/Concert-capable P.A. System after moving to Boulder CO, we linked up with a former Aerospace Engineer. He taught me how to properly Ground Audio [2 Leads + separate overall Shield Wire], and esoterica like Subsonic effects on Humans.

Frequencies below ~20 Hz we 'feel' rather than hear. Down around 6.4 Hz, certain lower regions of the Human Anatomy are - shall we say - 'stimulated'. The Gent's supposition was that the first Band to incorporate Subsonics into their Sound Mix would be the next Beatles. The Gals would be hot to trot from undetectable, targeted Audio 'stimulation', and the Gents would likely benefit from this. No one would know or detect why all this was going on, but would attribute this effect to the Band. The downside? Move the frequency being output by 0.3 Hz or so, and Folks would involuntarily mess their Pants! I would just hate when that happens! Bone/Muscle/Water density in a given area is what determines resultant Audio-based Anatomical effects.

The French Police used Subsonics to drop Protestors in the Streets during late '60s Student Riots there. The 'right' Frequency from Subwoofers mounted on Half-Tracks induced crippling Abdominal Cramps. The problem was that Subsonics cannot be directed well. Think about the pounding Bass coming from the Vehicle near you at a Stoplight. It's difficult to direct this energy so that it doesn't affect the Police/Sound System Engineers, too. Subsonics also was investigated as a Weapon, since certain low frequencies fracture Skull Plate Sutures. So, as a Weapon or as Crowd Control, these Experiments never panned out as practical. Google in <infrasonics> or <subsonics> for some mighty interesting reading.

Meanwhile, here's an enjoyable aspect of these Physics. Coincidentally, a Vid featuring Hicks is linked on the Webpage right side.

Cymatics ~ Science vs. Music ~ Nigel Stanford

-----
Old 01-10-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Stratman1, this is just so FANTASTIC, thank you very much.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Totally fantastic MM
Thanks so much for the share & congrats on your year
Great forum
Old 01-10-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Some good stuff on this thread. I'm familiar with a lot of it as I did a big around the universe information excavation for a bit.

Cymatics (good one), Quantum theories, Parapsychology et al. Interesting stuff, not much use if you are unhappy still though.

I'm not into the intellectual side of things as much as I was tbh. It's good but not great, hey thats just me. Thanks all

Originally Posted by Justincredible View Post
Thank you Stratman and everyone else for the videos!!

I am in fact experiencing depression in early recovery here and videos like this actually captivate me in times of what I feel is complete anhedonia. Thank you! Very cool stuff.
Glad to hear man. I looked up that word, have to agree I was like that then also, any distraction was a good one.

It was terrible, I couldn't listen to music or enjoy anything I like at all! It will pass dude.

I like your quote. TMK, I was big into his ideas for a while too, he was some trip…

I spent the last hour looking for something by him that was neither too apocalyptic nor provocative, a seemingly impossible task...

But the one above should be suitable for this forum!? Hadn't heard him speak in a long time. Nice Head up man

Originally Posted by CelticZebra View Post
What a great thread, enjoyed the science stuff at the top but ADORE the Pogo stuff...
Celtic Zebra I'm with you on this! For the sheer happiness factor, those are great. Very experimental concept also.

Here's another one from his 'World Remix' thinger, bit of a tune!

My composition of Perth in West Australia to help promote the expansion of St. George's Terrace. The project was finished some time ago and my video was never used for reasons unknown, so here it is on the tube where it will probably do better anyway.
Peace
Old 01-10-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Love the pigeon-nightmare!
I could get addicted to this stuff...
Thanks Stratman
Old 01-10-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I was addicted to finding these! Good vibes

"Knocking down nice old stuff"

Cheers
Old 01-11-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Meanwhile, here's an enjoyable aspect of these Physics. Coincidentally, a Vid featuring Hicks is linked on the Webpage right side.

-----
That was amazing!
Old 01-11-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks MesaMan, I hadn't seen that one. Seen a load of Cymatic experiments before.

Cymatics, Pyro boards & Tesla Coils, it was only a matter of time before somebody incorporated them into a music video. I noticed a vocal sample from Hans Jenny and his movie in there also. He conducted the original experiments in the 60's and coined the term. I agree, enjoyable physics.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

MesaMan, that was so interesting. Thanks for sharing. And the subsonics, lol. That's quite intriguing. It seems I've heard about it before.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thank you, great links great people and a wonderful message.