10 weeks

Old 11-23-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 weeks

So, mixed reports - the whole being sober thing I'm ok with, notice the beast rearing its butt ugly head every now and again, but all in all ok.

My moods are what's troubling me at present. I so short tempered and angry all the time. Im exercising ALOT in an attempt to tire myself / balance, but I seem to be on a fight/flight knife edge all the time.

On the plus side, my general moods are a lot more positive with my family and children, but my tolerance for everyone else is running at an all time low - brutal honesty seems my forte.

I was wondering if this was usual? I'm not overly concerned, just wanted to see if any of you guys experienced similar?
Old 11-23-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Truth be told, you are doing simply fabulous. Really. So sit down for just a minute and take a look at this accomplishment, truly monumental. There are hundreds reading your post that would love to have achieved what you have achieved.

After you do this, accept that you deserve to be gentle with yourself. Once you accept this, maybe you will accept that you deserve to be more gentle with others too.

Hope you keep posting, Cokie. Even though you may not feel inspired, you are truly inspiring to others. Well done!
Old 11-23-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey ! I did that too. I will say this. If it continues please see your doctor. I had to 'fess up to my doctor what is been doing and he helped me immensely
Old 11-23-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cokietheclown View Post

My moods are what's troubling me at present. I so short tempered and angry all the time. Im exercising ALOT in an attempt to tire myself / balance, but I seem to be on a fight/flight knife edge all the time.

On the plus side, my general moods are a lot more positive with my family and children, but my tolerance for everyone else is running at an all time low - brutal honesty seems my forte.

I was wondering if this was usual? I'm not overly concerned, just wanted to see if any of you guys experienced similar?

I had some mood issues that were troubling early on as well. Short-tempered, angry, full of rage...

I also exercised a lot in an effort to deal with it... thinking it would help. I think it helped me a little with some anxiety, but not so much with the anger issues.

I think it was necessary for me to experience those strong emotions. They were there. So, what else could I do but acknowledge them and deal with them? Dealing with them sometimes means noticing them, allowing them to be there.

Meditation is helping me. It's helping me with acceptance of reality, acceptance of the thoughts in my head, my emotions, tough circumstances... all of it.

This sounds pretty normal to me. Just focus on staying sober, first and foremost
Old 11-23-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

cokie,
see if you find something useful in this link.
and congrats on 10 weeks.
i figured no matter what moods or events or realities or reactions or...well, however it would shape up, i'd wanted change. and if that includes a bunch of challenges, so be it. and it made total sense to me that it would.

and yeah, the amount of quick-triggered anger was astonishing!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 11-24-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for that fini, I also looked at the 4 seasons of recovery that was linked from there. Very informative and cool stuff.