Afraid of all authority

Old 10-28-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The thing is though, what is the benefit to anyone else by making you believe you need to be Sober?

Usually a cult/society would have some benefit to sell an agenda to it's members, very few know the extent of my drinking, the fact I'm now a non drinker, and on this website I'm completely anonymous, there's nothing in it for anyone else by me being Sober!!

If a Dr told me I had diabetes or needed to sort out my cholesterol, I wouldn't see it was loosing my ability to be a free thinker, it's just a medical diagnosis of how I now need to lead my life, my change in relationship with alcohol is also something i now need to incorporate into my lifestyle!!
Old 10-28-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your replies. It's given me a lot to think about and helpful ways to frame my situation. I'm really stoked I found this community.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yup, I put in ten+ years of research also. I don't drink anymore. Life is more manageable and it's just better. I no longer wish I could drink like others but don't know that I ever did. I wanted to be wasted 24/7 w/out consequences.