Congratulations

Old 10-27-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My husband asked me the question at dinner, "What would you do if you had 1 year to live." I immediately answered, "get high." Then of course I realized that was my AV - I then replied to it, "Oh good try, no matter what happens, I will never use again, and I will never change my mind." I love these conversations with the discombobulated self. As the observer of that self I certainly recognize that it gets discombobulated when told I will never use again.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samseb5351 View Post
Sorry about that foolsgold , As I am not a AVRT person nor a person who believes in the separation approach I don't really have much to say.
Completely ok. It wasn't you or your comment specifically at all, you just said something first... Having read miles of the big AVRT thread, there was so much squabble over Trimpey himself that I wanted to make it clear I didn't want to fight over him. I don't think there is a one-size-fits all method to anything, and whatever method(s) gets an addicted person on the road to a happy, meaningful, sober lifestyle is just fine with me.