Caffeine and Nicotine taper

Old 01-28-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anattaboy View Post
WTG Celtic! I became sidetracked with the whole vaping thing. I'm down to 10% but it tastes crappy this morning as it should. Lungs are simple--they want air. Time to change the channel and pick a date. I tapered and quit a litre-per-day vodka obsession and the coffee by systematically lowering and staying true to my word (barely). Thanks for the wake-up.
Remember your a beastslayer!
You can do it....

We are off to see the nurse at the surgery tomorrow
Why not join us on 2nd?
It would be nice if the weather holds up on Monday to take a walk but no matter the weather I won't be smoking!
Maybe some sewing, or typing, or, so many things to do, how have I ever found the time to smoke?
I've got better things to do with my life.
Starting a course in psychology next week
The door to freedom just needs me to open it and keep it open by being learning how to control my addictive desires.

4 cups of filter coffee this morning
Now drinking fresh cold water...... Ahhhhh the essence of life

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself
Old 01-28-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You love you

I love me

There is no AV in RE-AL-I- TY (c'mon, everyone sing!)
Old 01-28-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ok, the 2nd it is. I'm cutting my juice in half today.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anattaboy View Post
Ok, the 2nd it is. I'm cutting my juice in half today.
Yippee....!
A commitment to a big plan - great idea ab

I don't know how the vapour thingy works, are u supposed to taper that fast?
Or is the same cold turkey thing for all these addictive substances?
I'm sure the nurse we're seeing tomorrow is the 'no-nonsense' woman I've seen before & will be only too happy to hear that we (Hubby&I) want to get the whole physical withdrawal over and done with so we can continue our lives along paths of our own choosing and enhancing them naturally by DOING and continuing to practise abstaining from dangerous substances with the help of our rational minds, AVRT and all you guys/gals at SR.

I hope the book turns up soon....
Oh and I've got to see the dentist on Monday too, just a review but already know I need some (more) fillings.
I will be pleased to book the next appointment to get my teeth cleaned since I will be a non-smoker.
Once that's done then I can review how much damage the coffee is doing and keep working on eliminating the sugar.

My AV is already insisting I'll NEVER give up sugar....

Old 01-28-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

No, Tapering is empowerment AND just smart (less physical rebellion). I am already at less than half what I started, I just coasted (at 53 I have used up my coasting chips).
Old 01-28-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I decided to quit smokeless after 30 years, Monday before my dental appt.
I have been drinking less coffee - not anything I put any effort into, just didn't feel like I needed it after a good sleep.
But I am crawling out of my skin right now wanting to get a dip. eFFin horrible feeling.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
...holds the key

LBrain...I know it's a horrible feeling, but it will get better I promise! Suck on hard candy, chew gum, do a crossword, play your guitar (I thought I read somewhere you played an instrument), distract yourself.
Just wondering how you're doing now?
Old 01-28-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I decided to quit smokeless after 30 years, Monday before my dental appt. I have been drinking less coffee - not anything I put any effort into, just didn't feel like I needed it after a good sleep. But I am crawling out of my skin right now wanting to get a dip. eFFin horrible feeling.
Keep going......
It does get easier
A week today I'm sure I'll be crawling with cravings but it can be beaten!
Keep on keeping on

Old 01-29-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ok Zeeb, I didn't go quite half but down to 8% today. Plan is 6 tomorrow, 4 sunday and if I have some 0 nic juice left on monday, I'll finish it off. I may be that toothpick guy for awhile for the hand-to-mouth.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

CZ, I am not doing so well with the fast taper. My plan was this thread title. I will have to bow out of monday as I've smoked more analogs than I care to. I do however support your plan and wish y'all the best. I went back to 10% yesterday and am at 8 now. Now have a hot water heater to contend with.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I find it crazy that I had three cans last weekend - so I made sure I finished it all - woke up at 3AM Monday and put in my last dip (I paid for it). At 4:30 I got rid of it and vowed to never dip again. I'm 5 days down. Going on 6!

I tried to taper but I always ended up going back to full tilt. The nicotine gum was just way more expensive. The only way for me was to just quit.

The funny thing is that instead of a taper, I amped it up the last couple days. Then COLD TURKEY!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

6 days!! Amazing.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Awesome brain! I am more of a linear thinker/doer. Have decided that once I get down to 4% I can jump and amazingly enough, 8% feels like plenty today. I know it's all a mind game but my rules are playable so far. Not to mention my wife did the stopsmokingnow class 2 yrs. ago and the taper w/patches was 2 months (along with lotsa self-talk and accounting so I can live with this one. This time next year we'll all be marathoners right?
Old 01-31-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You've gotta do things your own way, I did wonder about tapering so fast! No shame, sounds like you have a good plan going on. Just been to see a friend today who has reduced his nicotine this week and reports that he is finding it far easier than he thought with the aid of the vapor thingy. I'm an all-or-nothing kinda gal, never one for moderation, especially to highly addictive chemicals! Sounds like your heading where you want to go with this and if you want to run a marathon next year, I'll cheer you on but no chance of me doing the same, I can think of much better ways to exercise. Anyway, I do waffle on sometimes, glad to hear your still in the game, how's the caffeine going?

Old 01-31-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

annata - next is dropping 20 lbs to start, since t-day I think I gained a few,
Old 01-31-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Coffee is between 3 to 6 mugs--just measured my mug-12 oz. Ironically yesterday I had like 4.5 and puffed 3 smokes and was stressin with the lower nic. Today, 3 cups and the universe is plumb and level. Figures...Onward!
Old 01-31-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
The only way for me was to just quit.
... COLD TURKEY!
I think you're onto something here.

I went from cigarettes to fresh Copenhagen snuff (for several months). Then I quit cold turkey.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

One half of a marlboro lite first thing this morning (it's been one for awhile) and all my juice is mixed at 8% with some zero left over for further redux. Right now this decrease has been the hardest so I'll give it a week if need be. Progress!
Old 02-01-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Well done on your reduction. Have faith in you, you know you can (&twill!) quit that nasty habitual addiction just as I will quit mine. Keep going, keep growing, keep on keeping on!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

No analog at all this morning and the juice is plenty. I will never again hear "Daddy, Please don't smoke" from my 4 yr old. Momma has it rough right now as everyone in the house is on her for the smell (even me). We will do this. She is such a bad-ass at everything else she puts her mind to. I think we'll stop by the vape shop and let her pick a unit she likes and taste all the flavors.