SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   2 years since I lost my bank card.) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/346756-2-years-since-i-lost-my-bank-card.html)

Stewart888 10-02-2014 06:10 PM

2 years since I lost my bank card.)

yep have not lost my bank card as leaving it in a machine after taking money out in 2 years. For some reason I'd get drunk at the bars and need more money...take money out and leave the card...Here in Thailand you don't just get your card back...it's a process to get a new one.....not fun...

Not to much into counting days and months but will keep track of the years for now.

2 years ago I said to myself....after the "big plan"

I will never drink again and I will NEVER change my mind..

In 2 years one goes though all the so called tests...people have passed away, I have gone on a 2 week vacation ......drove by many bars...no more bottoms...just up we go...in a peaceful way.

I can do it...you can too..

Dee74 10-02-2014 06:14 PM

Congratulations Stewart :)

Just for the record, you don't get your card back here in Australia either (unless you know the local branch staff really well, lol)

D

MesaMan 10-02-2014 08:04 PM

High Tech Train Wreck

I wonder what the Drunkard -> ATM Machine interaction will be like come widespread deployment of Retinal or Fingerprint ID as one's 'Password'?

dwtbd 10-02-2014 08:26 PM

Congrats!
Two complete orbits of the sun and the same card , way to go. Any tips on how I can get out my of house with my keys on a more regular basis?

onward! Always onward!

bigsombrero 10-02-2014 08:52 PM

Congrats Stewart! I know what you mean - I remember waking up fuzzy after a long day of drinking, checking my wallet and wondering where I left my ATM card. Usually it was at a bar. It would be a "scavenger hunt" to retrace my steps. I also had that happen with my car once or twice. Pretty scary stuff!

Nice work on 2 years buddy! Keep the sober good times rolling, it's certainly nice on this side of the fence, ain't it?

MariahGayle 10-02-2014 08:54 PM

Nice Stewart! I've lost a few ATM cards that way myself:) Congratulations on 2 years!! Good to know I don't ever have to lose my ATM card again!

Treerat66 10-03-2014 12:28 AM

Well done Stewart.

:c011: :c011: :c011:

Stewart888 10-03-2014 06:13 AM

Thanks everyone for the great feed back....This site as we all know is a life saver.

iggy24 10-03-2014 07:12 AM

one time I was smarter then you because I took my bankcard.

unfortunately I left the $100 I took out of the atm.....surprisingly the cash wasn't there when i realized this a bit later and turned back..lucky guy who found that $100

PurpleKnight 10-03-2014 11:53 AM

Fantastic Stewart!! :You_Rock_

Received 10-03-2014 06:14 PM

That's so cool Stewart. I so totally remember you when I first started posting. You really helped to make me feel comfortable and was so encouraging. Congrats!

freshstart57 10-03-2014 07:04 PM

Thanks for popping by, taking time from your tropical paradise retreat, to share your great news, Stewart. Voices like yours are very important. Well done and goodonya, mate.

Wholesome 12-31-2014 06:14 AM

I lost my wallet this x-mas eve drunk to my utter shame. I haven't drank since. I also lost my e-cigarette but I lost it hours after I'd realized I'd lost my wallet. Just a stupid drunk not taking care of myself or my things. I'm still cringing in shame about how sauced I got..... Never again.