Blogs

Notices

"BIG Plan" Clarification;

Old 08-14-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tippingpoint View Post
I think the essence of The Big Plan is the difference between quitting drinking for now and quitting drinking forever.

For me, I quit drinking "for now" for about 6 months before I began to figure out the forever thing. Making that leap to forever is The Big Plan. Being able to say the words "I will never drink again and I will never change my mind" and have it actually resonate with truth for you is The Big Plan. It still makes me tingle when I say it and truly mean it.
I love this! (BTW, other than the muscle relaxers a couple of weeks ago when I injured my back, haven't had another nor have I had a drink since 7/17). Back working out routinely at the gym, diet back in check consistently and moving forward!

I think your post summed up exactly the answer I was looking for to my question. The decision has been made, but the conviction behind that decision grows every day. Still learning to completely identify the beast and beast activity, and stand by the commitment/decision I made to never drink or use again and never change my mind!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChrisM For This Useful Post:
freshstart57 (08-14-2014), Tippingpoint (08-15-2014), topspin (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
I love this! (BTW, other than the muscle relaxers a couple of weeks ago when I injured my back, haven't had another nor have I had a drink since 7/17). Back working out routinely at the gym, diet back in check consistently and moving forward!

I think your post summed up exactly the answer I was looking for to my question. The decision has been made, but the conviction behind that decision grows every day. Still learning to completely identify the beast and beast activity, and stand by the commitment/decision I made to never drink or use again and never change my mind!
I'm sure that everyone is different, but for me, I couldn't have embraced the idea of forever without all the work that I did leading up to that moment. I had to quit for 60 days. I had to plan a relapse - to see how it felt. I had to return to sobriety the next day. I had to start feeling better, sleeping better. I had to train for and run a marathon. I had to get comfortable with the idea of a me that didn't drink. And then, it just sort of happened. I said it and I meant it and it was a beautiful moment for me - anxiety melted away replaced by an easiness of being. I still get little bits of AV from time to time but the voice is weak and far away.

Keep working towards it and you will get there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tippingpoint For This Useful Post:
topspin (08-15-2014)