Retry at first post

Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Luckily I'm a Vikings fan...no real reason to waste my time watching football this season! Of course, if I did watch them it probably would drive me to drink again!

On a serious note I never particularly associated drinking with watching football. Mostly I drank late at night, after I had finished all the 'normal stuff' that people do.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well my nfl team is Atlanta so I'm with you there.
More than anything beer & sports are ingrained together in my subconscious.
But lately it has been more diet coke or sprite zero so hopefully I can unlearn that association over time. I actually played 9 holes of golf last week with no beer. There's a first.. For me any way.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So how's the taper going? I too tapered off... I'm glad you're making it.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The taper has been the key for me. Thanks for asking and man I could have used your help a few times. I hit this week with a 2 beer max after tapering from 12 in the beginning. 7 total days sober in my taper before this week started. I drank one can of beer Monday after work and opened a second but fell asleep reading and only took one drink of it. Tuesday was sober as was yesterday. Technically my end date was to be 11/1 and I don't plan to change that target but I also don't see any need to drink until then either. I cannot express how great I feel today. No hangover, clear head and happy to see it is indeed possible. Two questions for you.
1. Where did you find the taper method?
2. How many days or weeks did you spread your taper over?

I look forward to your response.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skydawg View Post
The taper has been the key for me. Thanks for asking and man I could have used your help a few times. I hit this week with a 2 beer max after tapering from 12 in the beginning. 7 total days sober in my taper before this week started. I drank one can of beer Monday after work and opened a second but fell asleep reading and only took one drink of it. Tuesday was sober as was yesterday. Technically my end date was to be 11/1 and I don't plan to change that target but I also don't see any need to drink until then either. I cannot express how great I feel today. No hangover, clear head and happy to see it is indeed possible. Two questions for you.
1. Where did you find the taper method?
2. How many days or weeks did you spread your taper over?

I look forward to your response.

No hangover days are the BEST right?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I like this secular stuff. I have some faith after a fashion but I like to think I am the one in control ultimately.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
I like this secular stuff. I have some faith after a fashion but I like to think I am the one in control ultimately.
Absolutely. You are in control. Once you really believe that you can take a deep breath and achieve your own goals no matter what they may be. Remember, your goals and methods are yours and no one else's.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Sky. I googled 'taper' and found the HAMs network. I was free after a few days. So glad too.