just finished reading AVRT. whoa.... and faith!?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just finished reading AVRT. whoa.... and faith!?

Wow it took me by surprise....im a pretty strong-willed person, it made absolute sense. I remember telling someone in aa I was done!....drinking that is and they weren't comfortable that I could just do that. Im like ..why not? The only problem I seem to have with the Big Plan is that my plan involves my faith. Comments???
Old 07-10-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Its your plan, mine also involves my faith, I believe my Higher Power led me to RR, I just have to do the rest of the work, which almost seems to be too simple but I now realize that's my AV talking to me.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There are plenty people of all different faiths and/or spirituality who have used AVRT to quit drinking/using for good.

RR/AVRT is about never drinking/using again and never changing your mind. That's it. Nothing more.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jkb

Originally Posted by received View Post
there are plenty people of all different faiths and/or spirituality who have used avrt to quit drinking/using for good.

Rr/avrt is about never drinking/using again and never changing your mind. That's it. Nothing more.
+1
Old 07-11-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i have been looking at avrt seem logical why cant u use avrt and faith???
Old 07-11-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds good to me...and makes perfect sense. Its DONE I Rock!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I am adding this here as it seems appropriate.
Originally Posted by me
I have a belief in God, and this belief is of my understanding too. This always seemed trite and self important to me, this phrase, how could you believe and not have an understanding too while yer at it? I digress.

The God of my understanding bestowed the free will catch 22 on me, so He is not going to be much good with the whole sobriety issue directly. This matter is ultimately up to me. He does place resources within reach for me from time to time, maybe a flexible and logical brain is one of those.

AVRT is outside of any religious or spiritual discussion, as religion and spirituality have no relevance to AVRT. Belief of any sort is fine, but not necessary for sobriety in this context. In the same way, self empowerment through AVRT does not contravene any religious or spiritual tenet that I understand.

A challenge for many of us in early sobriety is finding our new place in our world, and your religious belief may help with that. Namaste.