Prob a stupid question!

Old 07-08-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Lightbulb Prob a stupid question!

Could someone explain to me what smart or secular recovery means? Maybe also explain to me how i go about trying it out or what you do?

I am open to any suggestions in helping me beat my alcoholism.

Sry if there is a post about this, i just need some simple form of info about it.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Not a stupid question at all. SMART is Self Management and Recovery Training. It has a website with lots of good info.

Secular Recovery just means everything except 12 Step Recovery like Alcoholics Anonymous and the rest of the Anonymouses (Anonymice?) because of the reliance in these approaches on Your Higher Power.

Erratic, there is lots of great information here in this forum, glad you found us. Take a look around and do some reading, post your questions and comments, and you will find some great support for you.

There is a sticky at the top of this page with many links to good information. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...cular-web.html
Old 07-08-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AVRT is working great for me, theres a free crash course on the website at Rational Recovery | Welcome to Rational Recovery Good luck in whatever you choose!