Starting a new big plan?

Old 07-04-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting a new big plan?

Hey guys. I posted my big plan a couple months ago now, and since then I have relapsed on more than one occasion.
I have made progress in fighting my addictions, and I couldn't have done it without the SR community or knowledge of AVRT. Ordering the Rational Recovery book tonight.
I stayed away from the Secular Connections thread for a bit, because I was like well **** I really failed at keeping my promise of my big plan... felt ashamed, embarrassed etc. etc.
but I'd like to make another starting today.
Anyone else having another go at their Big Plan?
Old 07-05-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm still on my original Big Plan. I guess it's been nine months yesterday. But each of us is different. If you fell off the horse, you just have to get back on. Don't give yourself permission to relapse but if you do, adjust your plan and try again. As a friend of mine likes to say, don't make perfection the enemy of the good.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I am on revision 1 to the original BP.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oops wrong thread
Old 07-05-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
oak

Zoey- I am glad you came back and posted here. I have started sobriety again several times.

Do you know what you might need (support, activities, other ways to cope with triggers) in order to stay sober?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oak - I do have a solid action plan in place. It's just a matter of me sticking with it -- no compromises. Around the 2 week mark is when I usually screw up, I'm not letting that happen this time.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i found specific days of my menstrual cycle were VERY hard, AVRT or not, to resist alcohol and recognise the AV as being 'not me' so if you think this might apply to you (i'm assuming you're female from your username, apologies if that's wrong) try seeing if you relapsed on a certain part of your cycle, for me just after ovulation and just before my period were incredibly hard.

i set my life up to avoid triggering things on those days for a while, and as far as possible i still try and keep those days low key, which isn't 'pure' AVRT (in which, to fear beast activity IS beast activity, because it assumes the beast can overpower you) - but, it just made my life easier, you know what i mean!!

i'll take what works over theory any day!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

OMG, I thought I was the only one who noticed the correlation between mensies and relapses. I get extra vigilant around my periods. At one point I was so desperate I requested a hysterectomy, but my HMO denied it as there was no medical reason for it. Hmm, I wonder whether the hysterectomy would have been as expensive as my multiple rehabs?
Old 07-09-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you're not alone, but you are in a minority for recognising it, so many women i've met or worked with have this same thing and maybe aren't as badly addicted as i was but those dates are the ones they get smashed, drinking way to excess, month in, month out, and yet refuse to see the pattern, it drives me nuts!