hey seccies xx

Old 06-26-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Non, that is a super cool gadget. I don't have a cool gadget like that , but I use "map my run" and "map my ride" which are smartphone apps with some pretty cool features.

Cleo, I eat lots of butter. Butter is a good fat, margarine is not. Stay away from margarine it's not real food. I have read about the benefits of working out as you describe, with bursts of intensity, bringing your heart rate up and down. Many popular programs are designed around that concept and supposedly it's how our caveman ancestors naturally stayed fit for survival.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
It used to be so easy. I'd stop drinking for 3 weeks and lose 12-15 pounds. Not so anymore. I need to be more active or my desk job will kill me.

I got a cool gift for father's day - it's called Jawbone UP. It's a wrist band that measures my activity during the day, then at night I can download it into my smart phone and it tells me how active I was. Also measures my sleep. It's waterproof and comfortable so I can wear it all the time. Still learning to use it, but the feature I am liking the best so far is a setting I can turn on that tells me I have been sedentary for 30 minutes. The band vibrates, reminding me I need to get up and walk around. Gets me out of my chair several more times per day.

I like gadgets. Anyone else use some cool gadgets?
It's more like a gadget from the 18th century but I love my kettlebells.

That and my foam rollers.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey guys - can I be a seccie fitter?!

Cleo apparently the interval training is really good, going full pelt for a while.

I'm on level 1 of the 30 day shred at the moment. It's on youtube so free too! She (trainer) calls that interval training, it is to an extent - mad few minutes on aerobic - star jumps etc, then some sit ups/squats etc that do actually give you time to breathe and bring your heart rate down. Then back to mad star jumps.

I have 3 stone to lose and get through it without dying - just! Just thought I'd mention it in case it's something you'd want to look at. A walk in the fresh air sounds better though, sadly brisk walking with a 4 year old is not going to happen for me.

I've decided to eat naturally too after 10 days of carb and sugar loading. I have a fridge full of veggies, salad and chicken, so no excuse!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Smile

thanks seccies,,this is such a boost,,im really enjoying it now,,soberlicious,,wow,,i never thought that marge would be worse than butter,,so ,,thank you ,,youve made my day!!!!!
mytimenow,,thats so good hearing that,,i am not craving sugary tings so much today,,(nearly lost it over a biccie last nite,,phew),,i actually thought i would sneak down when hubby was asleep and nicking one!!! gee ,,,reminds me of something i used to do before,,,mmmmm
so,,went out for my walk,,threw loadsa stones for doggie too,,,thats my right upper arm all seccied out for today!!"!lol

heres to a "secercised wednesday everyone " xxxx
heehee xxx cleo xxx

Last edited by Cleopatra1; 06-26-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: spelling as always gee xx
Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Lol at sneaking down for a biccie!

Yeah margarine is actually a plastic derivative (I think) certainly nothing natural there - go for olive oil or butter. I'm off out to continue hacking the wilderness that is my garden - that'll be my secercise for today! Ooh got some new batteries for my wii fit board too. 30 mins step whilst I watch some rubbish on tele later Great thread cleo! xx
Old 06-26-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

wow hubby just came in and on the andrew marr show,,bbc ,,,he did the interval training,,and nrly died!!! cos he did the 5 mins ting,,as opposed to 30 seconds of high intensity secercise,,,so becareful peeps,,remember only 30 secs,,then rest ,,then 30 secs more,,and so on,,,NOT 5 MINS AS I FIRST WROTE,,
dont wanna get anyone in trouble here xxx
hugs cleo xxxxx
Old 06-26-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Is rice considered a grain? I have been avoiding wheat and oats because of the gluten for several years. I was on Zantac for 20 years because of acid reflux. Not once did a doctor recommend eliminating gluten from my diet. My kid (he's 38) brother mentioned eating gluten free in front of Mrs Non, so I had to try it. I've went off the Zantac 3 days later and haven't been back.

I'm not 100% religiously gluten free, but mostly. Every once in a while I feel the need to partake - like last night when I made some beautiful grass fed beef burgers on the grill. I just wanted to hoist that loveliness into my face on a bun with some pickles and tomato. Yum.

I was just nibbling some rice crackers and wondering if rice was paleo.

Oh, crap, my gadget just buzzed me. Time to walk downstairs, do a lap of the first floor, and then back up.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

think rice is ok actually non,,,but best get that dble checked by our more intelligent seccies xxx
i want yr gadget??? where can i get one hun???
cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 06-26-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Where you can get ANYTHING:

Amazon.com: up bracelet
Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Rice is NOT paleo! Ha. It's a grain.

Paleo = meat, chicken, fish, veggies and fruit.

Check out nomnompaleo or Marks Daily Apple for good paleo stuff.

I rec Whole30 too.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

How do you recharge this? the info. says it lasts 10 days on a charge? thanks for the information Nons....
Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
How do you recharge this? the info. says it lasts 10 days on a charge? thanks for the information Nons....
On my laptop's USB port. My charge seems to be lasting about 7-8 days, but I am using several of the alarm functions, which makes it vibrate - probably a charge-shortening operating mode.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Just got back from my first boxing class.

Such a fun, I should say, and lots of calories burnt. I will definitely continue with it.

Have a good day, seccies)
Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Paleo = meat, chicken, fish, veggies and fruit.
You forgot chocolate.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cleopatra1 View Post
wow hubby just came in and on the andrew marr show,,bbc ,,,he did the interval training,,and nrly died!!! cos he did the 5 mins ting,,as opposed to 30 seconds of high intensity secercise,,,so becareful peeps,,remember only 30 secs,,then rest ,,then 30 secs more,,and so on,,,NOT 5 MINS AS I FIRST WROTE,,
dont wanna get anyone in trouble here xxx
hugs cleo xxxxx
'They' as in things I've read have also said 5 mins! 5 mins at full pelt, I couldn't do it and nobody could unless uber fit. You're not wrong for suggesting it, as that's what I've read too. I haven't timed the 30 day exercise I've been doing, the cardio seems like 5 mins, but I bet it's only 2 or 3 max. Did Andrew Marr not recently have a stroke? Ater being pictured having an affair? (Not that the 2 are related) I may well be confusing him with somebody else x
Old 06-26-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Just checked out the bracelet - £100?!

*thunk* I'll have to stick to old fashioned pen and paper
Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I want one! I could not find the app on google play though! Through my tablet?
Will have to check the phone, i have the Galaxy note2
Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

mytimenow,,,u may be rite bout ole mr marr,,,but anyhoo ,,i just wanted to warn peeps just in case,,,i must admit i havent tried it yet,,,i think cos im uber unfit,,i should stick to my secciewalkingandjustgoingatasnailspace for this week,,then build it up to my secciegoingabsolutelymental pace nxt week!!!!
loving the response to this thread,,,just maybe,,i am loved!!!
hugs cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
oh and non,,,i canny afford the bracelet huni,,,me is skintaroonie!!!!!!
xxxx
Old 06-26-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I want one! I could not find the app on google play though! Through my tablet?
Will have to check the phone, i have the Galaxy note2
Dunno. I have an iPhone, and was able to find the app toot sweet.

I was a little stunned by the cost, too. Mine was a gift from my wife for Father's Day, so I didn't know how much they were until today. I feel bad, because I think for Mother's Day I gave Mrs. Non a lecherous stare and a smack on the fannie.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

words mean different things in the uk ,,,lol