SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Forward from here (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/296963-forward-here.html)

Nonsensical 06-10-2013 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by fini (Post 4007752)
ah, you quit just in time to be of use without here being ABLE to kick you

This brings ME some relief.

You-know-who sees opportunity. I really hate that it even enters my head to take advantage of my wife's current dependency on me to drink. IT fights dirty. IT has earned starvation.

No worries - I don't listen to IT. I am not anywhere near taking a drink. In fact, there's a case of wine about 12 feet from me right now, but it's not calling to me. (Mrs. Non bought it as a birthday gift for my sister right before she stumbled.)

I have extended my BP. When the AV starts making suggestions I remind him, I am never drinking again, and I am never changing my mind. Then I remind myself, The most valuable thing I possess is my last unbroken promise. This is 100% true. It's the keystone. If it breaks I will eventually lose everything else. It might not be immediate, but the clock would start ticking.

Nonsensical 06-11-2013 03:17 AM

We were able to get an appointment with an Orthopedic Podiatrist yesterday. The news was not good. She will likely require surgery to repair the "lisfranc joint" in her right foot. Need a CT scan to confirm. Waiting to be scheduled for that. Additionally the doc thinks she may have also broken a bone in her left foot. Need a CT scan to confirm that, as well.

She now has one of those frankenboot splints on her left foot, and a plaster cast on the right, rendering her even less mobile than before. The only thing she can do for herself is go to the bathroom. (Which if I had to choose the one thing she could do - that would be it. Same for her, I suspect. So we caught a minor break there.)

The other silver lining is that it's a really good time in my life to be of service to others, or at least to my significant other. The AV has never competed well when I had important things to do. I've been a drunken slob, but I've never missed any major events because of my drinking. It's a good time for me to have easily recognizable important things to do.

Fandy 06-11-2013 03:30 AM

I'm thinking duty here Nons....ouch, poor Mrs.Nons....how terrible for her...the cast and the boot together!
I hope she heals quickly and getting the surgery sooner than later.

It's good that your kids are older and able to help too.

I think your BP extension is good...but be watchful for sneaky crap thoughts.

Received 06-11-2013 04:02 AM

Oh, no! Poor Mrs. Non. That joint runs across the entire top upper part of the foot. Good thing you and the kid are there to be of help.

Keep us up to date.

Nonsensical 06-12-2013 04:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am going to try to go back to work today after I get Mrs Non situated in her 'command center' for the morning.

She is bathing now, but can't get out of (or into) the tub by herself. The shower chair helps a lot, but she still can't get to a standing position on her own.

My daughter has the day off, so she can take care of lunch and dinner. I have class tonight. Makes me nervous to be away for 12 hours, but Mrs Non is encouraging me to go, and I want to complete these classes.

360shoes 06-12-2013 11:57 PM

You crack me up Non.
I don't always understand all the conversations about AVRT or any program or methods beings I don't really have one but I sure enjoy reading all the posts over here.

I hope Mrs. Non gets all fixed up real soon.

Nonsensical 06-13-2013 03:53 AM

Read a few of the mindfulness articles at the links posted by freshstart57. Good stuff - looks useful. I can see why you do it! I hope to get through the rest of them today.