AVRT to cope with emotional binge eating

Old 08-14-2013, 03:37 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

wow midnite,,thats awesomo,,,,well done,,and keep on keeping on,,,by the way,,is that u in yr avatar??? you look AMAZING,,, gee,,,i sure could do wiv u as my personal trainer!!!
congrats on yr milestone huni,,,u r doing fantabulously xx
jen,,hiya hun,,,u is one heck of a gal,,not smoking too!!! wow,,you so totally kick ass my friend xxx
im coming up to my 10 month mark on 1st sept!!! gonna hopefly pop orf to spain for a week to see my bro who moved their recently,,,soak up some rays,,,may even be brave enuff to hit the nuddy beach ,,,lol
heres to a fab wednesday gang xx hugs cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-14-2013, 03:47 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all)

Thank you for congrats!

Jeni - take care of yourself, my friend. If you need support - I am just pm away, you know)

Cleo - Thank you for lovely words. Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not me on the avatar...yet). I was on the avatar a couple of days ago. Here I am on the pic attached. But I would love to be your personal trainer)

Have a great Wednesday, badass pals)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Incredible Me_2.jpg (7.7 KB, 73 views)
Old 08-14-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hats off to your will power! I do agree with you it is the will power which can help one to overcome the bad habits. I would also suggest you to read some motivational stories especially of those persons who quit their unhealthy habits and keep eating healthy diet.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

wow midnite,,yeh thats the piccie i meant,,you look hot missy!!!
get yr ass ova ere and get me to look like that too,,,lol
happy thurs seccies xxxxxxx
Old 08-15-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, all.

A quick check-in from me. I am not bad by far, the beast is suspiciously quiet and I keep my healthy nutrition. But I have to be on guard, I know that it can attack out of the blue.

Johnadams123 - Thank you so much for posting and for the kind words! I like what you suggested about motivational stories. I even do this - though I am not a big fan of twitter and other social networks, I am subscribed to accounts of my favorite fitness ladies like Monica Brant or Alliston Ethier. I love to read their messages, it give me additional motivation. Just sometimes I seem to be swallowed by the black whole of depression and it's damn hard to fight it. But I am fighting, and I think doing some progress.

Keep posting, would love to see you on the thread)

Cleo - ahhh, thank you for your tremendous compliment. You made my day, girl! Ok, I am ready to get my butt over there and make you the hottest chick in Spain when you hit your vacations. Have a good day))

Jeni - thinking of you and sending positive vibes)

Bloss - hi to you)

My big hugs to all. See you later)
Old 08-15-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hey I'm STILL not smoking!! But the beast is seriously trying to beat me into submission! Getting a little bit tired of it to be honest....
Old 08-15-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Jen...u are doin so well...i will be needing some of yr wisdom and guidance in jan...as of 22nd...i will be giving up also....cant do it and the booze at same time tho..ur a star xxxxxx
Old 08-16-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hey pals
Have been offline a bit this week, managed to catch a cold. Anyway,
M.B. congratulations on 10 months
Hello to everyone, stay true to your best interests and have a nice evening/night.
Bloss
Old 08-17-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Just to let you know I'm going away for a week to the Greek Isles...first holiday ever since I hit my teenage years without drink or cigarettes....

Is that badass or what??!!

Stay strong. Talk soon xxx
Old 08-18-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, pals)

I've just realized it's been about ten days since my last binge and during this time the beast was surprisingly quiet. It made an attempt to got to me yesterday telling: "Oh, you've been working like hell all the week. You deserve something sweet". It made an attempt to make me feel deprived of joy without another sweets binge.

I told him to shut up: "YOU deserve nothing, jerk. It's me who's been working hard, and what I really deserve is a cup of nice cacao with honey and a good sound sleep".

I weighted myself today - I hit the lowest weight in sobriety!!!

Though, AV got to my dreams and goals now, but one fight at a time.

Bloss - get well soon! Sending you positive energy and healing vibes)

Jeni - Greek Isles! Have great vacations, my pal. I think it's just pure badass to go on beautiful isles without being poisoned by alcohol and smoking fumes. No nasty morning hungovers, just gorgeous morning and wonderful tender sea! So glad for you, my friend)

Cleo - stay strong, don't let low mood derail you from sobriety. Blue moods and even issues in our life come and go while sobriety stays with is and helps to find a light even in the total darkness. Hugs to you)

See you, pals)
Old 08-18-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Greek isles sound so romantic,
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, pals.

I've just noticed that it's been two weeks since my last sweets binge. The beast has been surprisingly quiet, made a couple attempts to got to me but failed.

I like it that way when my mood is not dependent on food, and I don't use it to "eat away" neither my feelings nor life issues.

And, you know, I feel like the real battle has just started - when I peeled off these wine and food addiction layers, I have to face all that deep rooted issues within.

I need a bullet-proof plan when it comes to following my lifetime goals, because the beast always starts its attacks with, first, doubting and diminishing my goals and dreams.

I have to start planning my every day and stick to the plan whatever happens. The beast hates my dreams and goals, I know. I have to be armed.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

See you all later)
Old 08-22-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

i totally agree midnite,,,if i plan stuff,,i do my dammdest to make it happen,,i write lists,,and lists for lists,,heeheee
if it aint written down ,it dont get done!! simples,,
so,,if you have a healthy eating plan ,,its much easier (imo),,to have a big chart of stuff you can eat ,,and stuff you cant ,,pin it on fridge or somewhere in yr kitchen!!!!
also,,having a big mirror nxt to yr firdge,,so you can see how hot u look ,,befoer grabbinbg that chocolate cake!!! heehee
i think you are doing soooooooooo well,,i admire yr training and yr determination in keeping fit n healthy,,corrrrrrr,,i so need u ere lv!!!!!
food is like booze,,change yr eating habits ,,and job done!! but its not easy at all,,,i must say tho,,i craved choccie and donuts like u wouldnt beleive in my first 6 months,,then all of a sudden,,i got it into my head that they were poison,,same as i did wiv the booze n all,,,and i havent had one bite for over 3 weeks now,,v v v proud!!!
its all bout changing our mindset isnt it?? i do think however that food addiction ,,in whatever form ,,is soooooooooooooo tough to get over,,i mean ,,its the one thing that we need to stay alive,,yet it can be the one thing thats slowly killing us!! v v v hard xx
i dont try to know anything about eating disorders tho,,im merely trying to be more healthy and this thread is v v inspiring ,,xx keep it up guys ,,
hugs xx cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-22-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

ps,,,i sure am well jell of jeni!!!
could do wiv a bit of greek ,,xxxx
Old 08-26-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm back from my travels and feeling great.

How are all my badass pals?x
Old 08-26-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Awe jen hope you feel refreshed and ready to take on those tikes when school starts again.xxx well jell of yr holiday..weve not ad one for 3 yrs...nice to have u back ere tho huni...hugs xx cleo xxx
Old 08-26-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, badass pals!

Jeni - glad to see you!!!! How's your vacations? Hope you got a lot of sunshine, and had just great time! How did you like sober vacations? Tell me more! I missed you here)

Cleo - I loved your post about planning! And you are absolutely right - it's all about changing mindset. Taking one little step every day and move constantly farther and farther away from old thinking. It involves a lot of changes, and it's not easy, but it's surely worth it. I plan my meal almost every day - it's quite a long-term habit for me, but I still have issues with planning other things. I can procrastinate forever about some trifles, and this wastes a lot of time and drives me crazy. But I am not giving up)

Bloss - how are you doing? Pop in to say hi)

Yesterday the beast almost got to me, I escaped my the skin of my teeth. But I won. I felt very low yesterday, absolutely desperate, but feeling much better today. And my weight is again the lowest in sobriety)

Still doing boxing classes - my, it's hard sport to master)

Big hugs to you, my pals)
Old 08-27-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post

Jeni - glad to see you!!!! How's your vacations? Hope you got a lot of sunshine, and had just great time! How did you like sober vacations? Tell me more! I missed you here)

It was fantastic thanks MB, and couldn't have come at a better time for me. I was struggling a bit before we left, lots of anxiety, some difficult stuff being dealt with in therapy etc etc and of course the beast started whining like it does when times get tricky. I was struggling with the smoking again...huge cravings as bad as when I first quit. I actually got in the queue at the cigarette kiosk one day but managed to walk away.

Also, I was worried whether I would have that same pull to drink while we were away. H and I both quit at roughly the same time and have worked hard to make some really significant changes in our lives. We've been through a lot together and I was scared that a week in the sunshine with the booze flowing would mean that it would all come crashing down around our ears.

But we were fine. He found it a little more difficult than me, had a grumpy evening moaning about the lack of non-alcoholic drinks available, and sulked a bit. But I had no problems at all. We stayed in an amazing place on the island of Crete. We both love history and the place is steeped in it. We walked, sat in the sun, visited museums and archaeological sites, and spent time as a family talking to our kids and just hanging out.

Since I got sober, there have been a number of defining moments when time has seemed to stop still briefly and my thoughts and patterns of behaviour have shifted permanently. Each time it has been really quite profound and made the chances of returning to my old ways much more unlikely.

This time away was one of those times. Why on earth would I ever want to drink or smoke again when I have got all this in my life?

And now I'm back to reality...I've got huge issues with my parents. My dad is seriously ill and I'm having a big pull back to the damaging and complex family dynamics that I've moved away from....I'm facing hugely upsetting stuff in my therapy sessions and just can't get my head around some of it...I'm back to work next week in a job that is stressful and demanding... But inside I feel stronger now. I found such peace and contentment and I know that whatever life chucks at me I won't need to drink or smoke over it. Life is cool.

Glad you are doing ok. I am looking properly at my eating now. I ate well when I was away and I feel so much better without the junk. I do have a sugar addiction, of that I'm pretty sure now, and this must now be the latest addiction to be tackled. I've been skirting around this one for a while now, and just typing about it gets my beast whingeing...well whinge away beast!!

It's funny. I don't drink. I don't smoke...but a life without chocolate? Not sure that's even possible!!! LOL
Old 08-27-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Jeni!

I am so jelous..I missed Crete! I did do greece and turkey once. If you like history, Turkey is actually amazing as far as the condition of the ruins. They say most people are dissapointed in Troy, but having read a lot about it (history, myth and the history of the digs) I loved it.

I relate to getting back in old family dynamics when elder parents are sick! My mom is starting to struggle a bit...and it seems that we were sliding back into some bad patterns of interaction when I was drinking...it's better now on my part since I'm sober, but well...she is old...she is a bit mor..e controlling and manipuylative and a bit more incline to see things as she wants...

She will be here next weekend.

I don't know you well, but it sounds like a wonderful thing that your husband and you are both dedicated to this life change!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Hi ananda. Thanks for the tips on visiting Turkey, we are already planning our next trip.

Good you're aware that the dynamics are slipping a bit between you and your Mum, that gives you an opportunity to address it before it slides back to a place that makes you uncomfortable.

I do read your thread, your honesty and humility are very compelling. Wishing you well x