Interesting Weekend Coming Up

Old 04-05-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Don't forget about the RT in AVRT.
Absolutely correct!

In fact, it's not AV unless it is duly recognised as such, yeah? if not recognised as such, it could not be AV, yeah?

Old 04-05-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Absolutely correct!

In fact, it's not AV unless it is duly recognised as such, yeah? if not recognised as such, it could not be AV, yeah?

RobbyRobot, if I don't recognize my AV, are you telling me that IT is not there?
Old 04-05-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

RobbyRobot, if I don't recognize my AV, are you telling me that IT is not there?
No, I'm not saying that failure to recognize AV equates to the Beast not existing. The Beast's existence is not conditional on Addictive Voice being properly or improperly detected and/or recognised. One of the Beast's most useful pastimes is to want AV to be undetected.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Of course there can be unrecognized AV. That's what the state of addiction is all about.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

You are saying "I will never drink again because ...[something/anything of your choice]."
I am saying I will never drink again NOT because of ANYTHING.
Perhaps I should have said, "I made my BP because...".

We had a nice dinner last night. Pennsylvania has strange liquor license laws. Many restaurants can't get one, but they can allow patrons to bring their own wine into the restaurant for a nominal 'corkage fee'. (I know it's nominal since I picked up the tab last night. Made me wonder if they would still call it a corkage fee if you brought in a screw top bottle. I also wondered if someone wanted to bring in whiskey if that was allowable. Then I wondered if this was AV or if this was just my inquisitive nature.)

After dinner we went back to father-n-law's for some more conversation. An aunt and uncle were also with us. They all drank wine. I felt more comfortable last night than the previous night. Might have been that there were more people, might have been having not been in the car for 9 hours on Friday like I had been Thursday.

My wife seemed especially irritable on the drive home. I was driving, but I don't know my way around this town, so she had to give directions. She was unusually snitty and grumpy about it. Maybe she is always like that when she has had a bottle of wine to drink and I have never noticed before because I was always way ahead of her.

Father-in-law seems to have not had any more to drink after we left Thursday night. But most of us know how easy it would have been to have hidden it if he had. Of course, he had a doctor's appointment the following day, so maybe that kept him in check. He has a strong interest in maintaining a clean bill of health and continuing to live on his own.

Breakfast at the home of an old pal of my wife's this morning. A hike in a park this afternoon. Not sure what we are doing this evening, but it will involve wine. It always does when we are here.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Of course there can be unrecognized AV. That's what the state of addiction is all about.
Yes, agreed. Still though, unrecognised AV is not experienced as AV at that moment in time, but as normal thinking performed in the first person "I" state of mind. It is only in retrospect that we can deduce unrecognised AV.

This is similar to the paradox of "if a tree falls in the forest, and no one hears it fall, did it make a sound?"

Interesting to no end.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning nonsen. And everyone.
How does it feel to be in a drawn out weekend long social gatherings where there are daily festivities and others are drinking?
Are you ok? This is such a big deal and you are doing great in a new environment away from home and your safety net.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
This is similar to the paradox of "if a tree falls in the forest, and no one hears it fall, did it make a sound?"
Yes, I thought about that as well, except that there are no real personal repercussions involved on my stance on whether or not sound is actually considered valid sound if there are no ears to catch it. I know first hand the repercussions of unrecognized AV.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Home again. Another full day in the car. Interesting weekend complete.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Home again
There's no place like home...
Old 04-07-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hope you arrived home safely. Thanks for checking in while you were away.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm really happy for you...You did GREAT!!! you navigated many social situations with booze and some issues with your FIL and brothers in law.

taking care of parents is NEVER easy....i watched my mother deteriorate and suffer for 4 years, (bone cancer and advanced dementia) juggled a relationship with a gambling addict who was sucking the life out of me and bathed in wine the second i got home from work for relief....2 years into it, i kicked out Mr. Fandy (we were never married thankyouGod for small favors), started the sober journey and I call my sobriety date the day we buried my mother, May 5 2010....also my nephew's birthday and Cinco de Mayo.

you are ahead of the game...and have the power of BACON..(j/k)...i think you have done very well from the last slip....sometimes i think it really does teach us....