SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Funny Things My AV Said Today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/288758-funny-things-my-av-said-today.html)

wiscsober 04-27-2013 05:25 AM

Like many addicts my thinking as far as pot goes: it's legal in some states so it mustn't be addictive. See all these years pot's gotten a bad rap. I've heard Colorado is a great place to visit.

Obladi 04-27-2013 07:21 AM

"You are ridiculous to think that 30 hours of sobriety is some kind of accomplishment."

What a jerk.

Omnom 04-27-2013 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Obladi (Post 3938836)
"You are ridiculous to think that 30 hours of sobriety is some kind of accomplishment."

What a jerk.

What an a$$. 1 hour is accomplishment. I don't like your av lol

Omnom 04-27-2013 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by DG0409 (Post 3938253)

Do you smoke one of each at the same time?

Lol no.. Was getting a pack for my friend too.

SoberKnitter 04-27-2013 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by 1stthingsfirst (Post 3937009)
Mine is saying, "Declining alcohol will be so embarrassing, surely people will get curious and ask. One drink to 'pretend' that all is well and throw them off the scent won't hurt, will it?"

My AV has said this too. Since when did politely declining a drink become embarrassing and getting trashed become dignified?

The last two decades of my life were embarrassing, and not because I habitually declined drinks.

chrisb245 04-27-2013 09:11 AM

I have a sinus infection this morning as I was taking my DM cough med. I'm AV said "if you drink the whole bottle you will get a buzz.

How disguising would that have been.

Omnom 04-27-2013 10:03 AM

My av is being quiet today so far. I'm scared. It's plotting something.

1stthingsfirst 04-27-2013 12:06 PM

The other day mine was looking at the empties while I was doing dishes (we had people over). I told it that it was as undignified as George Costanza eating an eclair out of the trash can. I poured the drinks in the sink and I could hear the AV screaming "Nooooo!" all the way down.

Obladi 04-27-2013 02:00 PM

"Remember that time when you had it totally together; sober for over a month and getting fit? Remember how great it felt? You'll never be able to feel that again because you already felt it once. It's never as good as the first time."

(I guess my AV isn't much of a comedian yet, sorry. But I do know somewhere that it's a good sign it's beeing so nasty. I think it is worried I have gained enough strength to be indifferent to it's asinine reasoning,)

freshstart57 04-27-2013 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Omnom (Post 3939011)
My av is being quiet today so far. I'm scared. It's plotting something.

Aw, heck, Omnom. You are doing just great and fearing nothing, welcoming your new awesome life, confident in your new role as an active participant instead of a drunken observer sitting way up in the bleachers, whining and complaining.

AVs tend to get quiet for longer and longer periods, and even when they get mouthy again, so what. It can plot, it can scheme, it can wriggle and twist, but you are rock steady. Onward!

SoberKnitter 04-27-2013 03:29 PM

Out of nowhere today:

Wouldn't it be nice to just go sit up at Chili's and have a beanie burger and an ice cold beer? If you eat and just drink diet beers, you'll be able to just drink enough to get a buzz and leave. It won't be a problem. Just get out of the house for a couple hours.

It does this when I get bored. As if the only thing that exists outside the house is alcohol. Not to mention that I have plans to get my driver's license back this week.

I'm ordering a pizza. Then, I'm going for a walk and listening to an audiobook. Then, I'm going to knit and watch a movie. Then, I'm going to go to bed. Then, I'm going to wake up feeling just fine. Screw you, beast.

Nonsensical 04-28-2013 05:20 AM

Yeah, that's a good idea - DON'T drink this week while your wife's out of town. She's suspicious and will probably call at odd times to check up on you anyway. Lay low, gain her confidence back, and then NEXT time she goes out of town you'll have a much easier time getting away with it.

If you can't beat'em, join'em, I guess. :)

HML 04-29-2013 04:49 PM

Why don't you just let every little thing **** you off so you lash out at some innocent by-stander which will make you feel so guilty that you should just go hug yourself with a nice bottle of Sauvignon blanc.

SoberKnitter 04-30-2013 06:54 AM

I am having a rough time lately because I'm picking up the pieces of a life mucked up by drink and drugs. The beast's answer? More booze!

DRINK AND MAKE THIS STOP!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO FEEL THIS WAY!! THIS IS NO WAY TO LIVE!!

It has no sense of irony.

Harveysmiles 04-30-2013 09:06 AM

I'll be in a better mood after a couple of drinks.
Really I'll just be miserable AND DRUNK!

Omnom 05-01-2013 06:47 PM

Just call the dealer. He will cuff you till you get paid tomorrow. Ugh it's still telling me that . go away. I'm praying I don't feel this way tomorrow!!

December15 05-02-2013 12:12 AM

Just hang out until Friday - then you can treat yourself to as much booze as you like over the weekend. Start clean again Monday knowing you had one last good weekend.

Yeah right - more like walk into work Monday morning feeling sick, depressed and unproductive.
I treasure my sobriety thanks.

SolTraveler 05-03-2013 09:03 PM

Just wait until the baby is born, then you can handle a few.

(This disgusts me....)

Nonsensical 05-05-2013 05:15 PM

You should offer to buy some beer for your son, he worked hard today.

Fandy 05-05-2013 05:19 PM

kick back on the clean deck, enjoy the flowers you planted..admire them and drink a glass of wine (or 12) sit in the sun, close your eyes and enjoy the buzz in the sunshine.

Carlotta 05-05-2013 05:39 PM

That was Friday:
AV: If you have beer no one will know.
Me: Who do I look like? No one? I am someone and I will know.
AV: You are in pain, a beer would help you.
Me: Yep my legs are hurting so guess what? I am not going nowhere!!

After that little dialogue, the desire left and did not come back.

PeacefulRain 05-05-2013 05:44 PM

It didn't say anything but I felt the grumblings of it waking up. I guess it's been sleeping it off.

I said out loud beeotch go back to sleep!!!! My husband thought I was talking to someone's Facebook post LOL

trikyriky 05-06-2013 12:07 PM

Lump of crap AV is so conniving. Told me after I got a new couch that I needed to have a welcome party for it. Not

HML 05-06-2013 01:32 PM

My AV: Congratulations on 15 Days Sober! As each day passes, you feel more and more pressure, don't you?

Sneaky bas****!

silentrun 06-12-2013 02:35 PM

I had a bad week with the cravings. It was to the point where my back was tense. I made some tea and got in the tub. Then out of nowhere "You're so tense over this, just relax and think about that nice little buzz you get after 3 drinks and that will help you calm down." Wait What!

DG0409 06-12-2013 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by trikyriky (Post 3953306)
Lump of crap AV is so conniving. Told me after I got a new couch that I needed to have a welcome party for it. Not

It's probably hoping someone will get sick and vomit on the new couch.

doggonecarl 06-12-2013 02:43 PM

Wife tells me, "My brother asked me to go with him to see our siblings in Colorado and Texas. I'll be gone two weeks."

AV tells me, "Hmmm. Two weeks, huh? If you were to drink, that would be a good time."

silentrun 06-12-2013 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by doggonecarl (Post 4013243)
Wife tells me, "My brother asked me to go with him to see our siblings in Colorado and Texas. I'll be gone two weeks."

AV tells me, "Hmmm. Two weeks, huh? If you were to drink, that would be a good time."

That one would get me too.
It just occurred to me that I need to be accountable for this to work long term. Luckily my husband is a home-body. I just might need some type of group thing.

GerandTwine 06-12-2013 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by silentrun (Post 4013282)
That one would get me too.

AV

It just occurred to me that I need to be accountable for this to work long term.
You - making an important breakthrough in AVRT

Luckily my husband is a home-body. I just might need some type of group thing.
AV

silentrun 06-12-2013 05:43 PM

Thanks for commenting on that. I am hitting a wall or something. I just past the 4 month mark (one slip that made me ill) All of a sudden I am having these craves that come and then break. Deep physical tension and I wasn't ever physically addicted. I have been stalking this page again. Your comment makes me think I have something to learn at this point not just something to endure.