SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   soooooooooooo unmotivated its unreal xx (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/288127-soooooooooooo-unmotivated-its-unreal-xx.html)

Cleopatra1 03-20-2013 05:40 AM

soooooooooooo unmotivated its unreal xx

im just so not bothered to do anything lately,,im hoping (blaming) its the weather ,, but its been like this for a couple of months now,,i just canny be arsed to get up and do anything!!!!
i do try to get out every day to take me doggie for a walk,,thats a good motivator,,but apart from that,,i plainly just cant be bothered!!
is this a normal thing when one doesnt have an addiction ???? is it that i spent so much energy doin stuff for my addiction ,, that ihave nowt now to do???
or am i just a lazy cow?????
ive put on weight,,i thought id lose it cos no more vinodecollapsable,,,but no,,i dont walk twice a day to the shops to buy the booze,,,so ive put on bloody weight now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:a108:
i know thats not a bad ting,,but i just seem to not have any energy to get up and on it these days!!!!
is this normal?????
advice needed plse from you clever lot!!!!!
or maybe just get yr arses over rere and kick me up the bum?????
lol

lv cleo xxxxxx

Nonsensical 03-20-2013 06:26 AM

For me it has depended on how well I've slept the night before. If I got 4 hours or less - forget it, I won't feel like doing much. Last night I got 6 hours and I feel like attacking the day!

I think it breeds on itself. If you're active you feel like being active, if you're sitting, you feel like sitting. That's my trend, anyways.

GerandTwine 03-20-2013 01:32 PM

:dance1a:I think Zumba classes three times a week would get things going for you. See if they offer a free trial period at your local health club and see what happens.

Coldfusion 03-20-2013 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does this work?

Cleopatra1 03-21-2013 03:23 AM

hahhaaa thanks coldfusion,,cor i felt that xx heeheee
and yeh,,gerandtwine,,ive been thinking bout zumba,,a mate of mine does it and she loves it,,it looks a fun way to get going!! i just dont wanna go on my own,,so will have to enlist a few willin buddies!!!
nonsensical,,yeh i agree,,it is like that for me too,,i just need a big kick up the arse,,(ty non xx),,and im hoping to get some weight shifted for the coming summer,ha if we have one,,, maybe i should emigrate????
anyone living in the sun wanna flat mate??
albeit a lazy ex alkie one , heehee??????
thanks guys xx
lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxx
:You_Rock_

FeenixxRising 03-21-2013 06:20 AM

I sometimes feel the same. I find that I have to break the cycle by forcing myself to get exercise (usually a brisk walk for 30 to 45 minutes). When I exercise I have better energy overall, and my mood is definitely better. Of course, "forcing myself" is the key; some days every fiber of my body and every thought argues against getting my butt up off of the chair.

I suggest committing to some daily exercise for a few days in a row, and no matter what get yourself out and moving. Don't accept any excuses. You should eventually feel at least a little better.

RobbyRobot 03-21-2013 10:33 AM

When we feel unhappily unmotivated, we can always do whatever to improve ourselves -- the choices forward are as many as we want to embrace for ourselves. If we just want quick fixes to feeling bad, that is of course just creating another problem.

Now that you're sober, what honestly, for yourself, interests you in your new life of freedom?

Its very normal for folks to want to feel better. Making it happen takes some effort, and you have plenty enough effort, I think you just need to focus. :)

Cleopatra1 03-22-2013 02:59 AM

thanks robby,,and no big words there heeheee xxx
im gonna set out a list of things i want to do,,and some things i NEED to do,,this way im in more control,,gee i just hope this weather changes,,thats a biggy for me,,xx
lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

freshstart57 03-22-2013 03:17 AM

Cleo, 'thou mayest' do anything you bloody well choose to. Timshel, my friend.

Cleopatra1 03-22-2013 07:13 AM

yeh ,,, timshel thank you fresh xx , xx
my lovey xxx