Blech...

Old 03-07-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Blech...

Did not want to go through this again. When I self-detoxed last month, I said I never want to go through that again. Then I had my pre-RR/AVRT binge earlier this week. The detox was very mild but my stomach's all wonky. And IT keeps telling me what will make IT feel better. Well, all you're going to get is scrambled eggs and grits. Sucks being you.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by trachymis View Post
Did not want to go through this again. When I self-detoxed last month, I said I never want to go through that again. Then I had my pre-RR/ARVT binge earlier this week. The detox was very mild but my stomach's all wonky. And IT keeps telling me what will make IT feel better. Well, all you're going to get is scrambled eggs and grits. Sucks being you.
You're getting a nice meal. IT's getting nothing.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Man...I love grits.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Man...I love grits.
One of my favorite things in the world. With just butter, or cheese, or bacon and olive oil or shrimp and grits or or or...
Old 03-07-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I see you are from Georgia...you understand good grits, real grits, grits done right. I am of the opinion that people who don't like grits have never had them done right.

ps I hope you are feeling better. Yep, you don't ever have to detox again. xo
Old 03-07-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I have sampled the abomination that are Yankee grits.

And I am feeling better. When I opened the frig I saw some leftovers that needed eating. A good night's sleep and I'll be right as rain.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yankee grits.
blasphemy...lol

Congrats on taking your life back from addiction
Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Got me a new magic elixer, too. Iced green tea. Made a pitcher for the first time in...well, a long time. Forgot how good it is. And it's good for me.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Better day, today.

Do you know how long it's been since I cooked a good meal just for myself? Probably three years. I'm a damn good cook. I would go to my families' homes and cook for them, but I lived out of the microwave. I've been in this house 9 months and never unpacked my cookware. Left more time for drinking.

This morning I got up hungry. Not thirsty. Hungry. So I got cooking.

Fried an entire pound of country sausage. Some for breakfast and some for jambalaya, later. Threw a slice of rye bread in the toaster. Whipped some eggs and made a damn good sausage and cheese omelet. Coffee, OJ("That OJ doesn't taste right" Tastes fine, there's just no vodka in it. "whimper")

That was soooo good.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Every now and then, I love super spicy hot-links with barb-q sauce. I actually feel high from eating that. It's amazing how, as an abstainer, I can get a little high from all kinds of different things I'm not addicted to.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's amazing how, as an abstainer, I can get a little high from all kinds of different things I'm not addicted to.
Yes, I experience those little highs too all the time. I think because my body and mind are clean now, they work properly to experience those things. I never had those feelings when I was a drinker. I was dulled to all of that.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Every now and then, I love super spicy hot-links with barb-q sauce. I actually feel high from eating that. It's amazing how, as an abstainer, I can get a little high from all kinds of different things I'm not addicted to.
Spicy food does trigger the release of a body's natural hormonal rewards, like endorphins. When we aren't all drugged up, they're a nice little buzz.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hooooooowwwlllllll

WHERE"S MY SCREWDRIVER???????? It's Saturday morning, I want my screwdriver!!!!! We had one last Saturday!!!!

Noisy lil beast when I woke. Last weekend I started Friday nite, went to sleep early, woke up early and dived back in. Last nite I stayed up late, still woke at 4:30 AM to the howls of the beast. Told IT to run down to the store and get vodka, I got OJ.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
jkb

Originally Posted by trachymis View Post
WHERE"S MY SCREWDRIVER???????? It's Saturday morning, I want my screwdriver!!!!! We had one last Saturday!!!!

Noisy lil beast when I woke. Last weekend I started Friday nite, went to sleep early, woke up early and dived back in. Last nite I stayed up late, still woke at 4:30 AM to the howls of the beast. Told IT to run down to the store and get vodka, I got OJ.
So true, so true. Mine started up last night for no apparent reason also. I did the same thing... told IT to go right ahead and get the alcohol. I will be making dinner. Shockingly... no alcohol last night. Just wanted to chime in on your thread so as to keep up with your progress. Good for you on your decision.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Good for you, too, jkb.