SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   dif methods (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/284033-dif-methods.html)

ntmu 02-11-2013 09:52 PM

dif methods

i know this doesn't really fit into the secular category, but i watched this movie last night newly available in Netflix for instant viewing; Meditate and Destroy- NOW ON DVD!! - YouTube

it is not secular very much, sorry, but for maybe some of the younger people that want a different perspective, they may like this.

i don't have a ton of tattoos and have not been to prison, but this does focus on addiction a lot. i do have friends in famous bands & did grow up with a lot of this, but not much these days.

just don't get mad at me for posting this. i'm am very new to recovery & i am in a lot of pain.

thank you.

i hope one person watches it and says thanks, that's all.

ntmu 02-11-2013 10:35 PM

the trailer doesn't do it justice. it is mostly about addiction & recovery. just f'n watch it. 'meditate and destroy' on Netflix.

MyTimeNow 02-12-2013 01:11 AM

I've watched the trailer ntmu so will see if it's on our UK netflix later.

How are you feeling?

MyTimeNow 02-12-2013 01:25 AM

Not available to stream in the UK - it recommended Conan the Destroyer instead.... Yep... Maybe not.

ntmu 02-12-2013 01:28 AM

i watched the movie again, it really is a lot about recovery. i contacted some people. i need to remain ANONYMOUS! it's making it that much harder that i have stake in this.

please, i need you to know me, but not know me. how does that work?

wow, problems on top of problems. i do not want to keep hiding, but i can't deal with people holding me to my past if i ever get out and change.

what a conundrum.

ntmu 02-12-2013 01:29 AM

also, if you have an account, that movie is available for free on Netflix.

MyTimeNow 02-12-2013 01:44 AM

I have an account. It's not available. Just double checked!

Change in your life won't happen overnight unfortunately. Did you manage to put that beer down yet?

ntmu 02-12-2013 02:30 AM

i hurt so much, deeply & no one wants to deal with it. hopefully i will find a hand soon.

MyTimeNow 02-12-2013 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by ntmu (Post 3815606)
i hurt so much, deeply & no one wants to deal with it. hopefully i will find a hand soon.

I'm sorry you are hurting ntmu. To start with though, I think only ourselves can deal with it. Whatever it may be.

You can come through this.

mecanix 02-12-2013 10:45 AM

Maybe you should drop Noah an e-mail ntmu , say hello .
There's some of his talks and stuff on u-tube .

Bestwishes, M

jkb 02-12-2013 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow (Post 3815597)
I have an account. It's not available. Just double checked!

Change in your life won't happen overnight unfortunately. Did you manage to put that beer down yet?

Good Question.. How are you ntmu?