Have become all Beast again...need to just say it

Old 02-08-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Wow, talk about a nice coincidence.
Just as I was finishing reading these recent posts on my android and starting to feel bad, my wife, sitting next to me with her laptop was opening up a link I sent to her earlier this afternoon from Freshstart's post 33 in this very thread. I had not had the time to watch it yet, but presto, there it was. Perfect timing. Thanks Freshstart.

Now back on my 'puter.

I heartily forgive everyone and myself for any lingering malcontent we may have instigated in this thread.

Good night from the US.

Be well, all of us.

Namaste

GT
Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Ha my DD was giving me my first quiet time of the day... I thought I'd revisit post #33 too... What's that? What are you watching? Can I have MC Hammer?

I've had 15 minutes of You Can't Touch This on loop instead.

Hasn't quite had the desired effect.

I hope that everyone is well today
Old 02-09-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Come on now, MTN. I know you want to...

Fresh new kicks, advance
You gotta like that, now, you know you wanna dance
So move, outta your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat..

Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Haha!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

bemyself,
i've just read the thread, and the 'disagreements' are ones i've seen before.
so i'll just say this, from my own experience: if seeing a "you" and a "beast" helps you (it was helpful for me for a while), then practice. it won't hurt your efforts.
what WILL hurt your efforts is to keep drinking, of course
my own experience with staying sober has shown me that what helps at the beginning may not be what's needed or useful later, and not discounting my own experience was/is one of the biggest challenges when it flies in the face of what i'd like to believe.
finding a way that made sense to me of my decades of failing at sticking to the committed decisions i made re quitting with finally actually having quit took a couple of years and required an unwillingness on my part to let anything ultimately overrule my own experience, never mind how much i didn't want it to be the way it actually was.
hope you find the tools that are useful to you and actually use them
Old 02-09-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I think when people are 'sick n tired of being sick n tired' they are more willing to quit alcohol. We all stopped drinking the minute we went to sleep (or pass out in my case). It's just that I couldn't 'stay stopped'. I used alcohol as 'liquid crutches' to help me through all the little frustrations of life.

Like many here I started out with AA many years ago, and the AA fellowship gave me a safe place to hang out with others who wanted to stop drinking. We engaged in a lot of 'talk therapy' (ie. meetings). The people of AA hate it when they are referred to as talk therapy, but let's face it, that's what they are.

Anyway, I came to the realization that the 12 Steps can get you sober, and they can keep you sick. I needed something more. I had always been a fan of Albert Ellis and his Rational Emotive Behaviorial Therapy (REBT). When I visited Rational Recovery website, bingo, that's all she wrote.

I have bought Trimpey's books and given them away and will order some more. They have helped me take my recovery to the next level.