AV was like power point slide presentation

Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AV was like power point slide presentation

Last evening, I had some realistic concerns regarding an individual I know. This person called me on Saturday to tell me they had been sick with a stomach virus and that is why I had not heard from them in several days.

I made a followup call on Sunday to see how they were doing and received no answer or follow up call. Called them back last evening and they answered but seemed vague when I asked how they were feeling. I know, intuitively, something is "off" and I'm fairly certain what at least part of it is.

Realizing there is nothing I can do I went in to read and then go to bed. As I turned the light out my mind started racing about this situation. Flowing thoughts but I concentrated on my breathing and fell off to sleep rather quickly.

This morning is where I experienced something I don't ever remember experiencing ever before. Usually, the racing/flowing thoughts start again as soon as I wake up. This morning, however, these were not racing/flowing thoughts it was more like slide show thoughts, bullet points or a shopping list of things "worries". I think it was RR who explained it as "words put together in scrapbook fashion" and that would be a fairly accurate description of what happened".

It was rather startling to have these morning racing thoughts suddenly change into a slide show or list of things to worry about which all had to do with my concerns I related in the first two paragraphs (in this way too long post).

So, I'm not sure I have a question yet would appreciate any input.

As always, dissect my post to reveal anything AV.

Thanks and good morning!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Received
This morning is where I experienced something I don't ever remember experiencing ever before. Usually, the racing/flowing thoughts start again as soon as I wake up. This morning, however, these were not racing/flowing thoughts it was more like slide show thoughts, bullet points or a shopping list of things "worries". I think it was RR who explained it as "words put together in scrapbook fashion" and that would be a fairly accurate description of what happened".

It was rather startling to have these morning racing thoughts suddenly change into a slide show or list of things to worry about which all had to do with my concerns I related in the first two paragraphs (in this way too long post).

Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

I don't think RR takes a position on how people deal with life, and that's all I hear you expressing. Nothing about drinking there except maybe the uncertainty about whether or not there is something about drinking there.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

GT,

I guess it was the absent flow of racing thoughts replaced by a basic "grocery list" of thoughts.

Instead of:

"oh my gosh, oh my goodness, what is going on...I have to find out...what am I going to do...this is bad, bad, bad...worry, worry, worry...blah blah blah

It was:

Milk - "oh my goodness"
Butter - "oh my gosh"
Eggs - "must worry"
Bread - "whole wheat"

Drinking, in and of itself, never occurred to me. Was totally absent (as far as I can tell) from it.

So, yes, I think you nailed it when you posted "uncertainty about whether or not there is something about drinking there".
Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Yeah. AVRT takes no position on how we live our lives. I do think though that there was worry imbedded in the mental rush, and worry creates plenty of doubt, and doubt is total breeding ground for AV.

You got it right, Received. Looking at our thoughts calmly and comfortably is more reasonable then simply suffering on from the onslaught of rushed uncontrolled collective thoughts.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Yeah. AVRT takes no position on how we live our lives. I do think though that there was worry imbedded in the mental rush, and worry creates plenty of doubt, and doubt is total breeding ground for AV.

You got it right, Received. Looking at our thoughts calmly and comfortably is more reasonable then simply suffering on from the onslaught of rushed uncontrolled collective thoughts.
The bold = WOW!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Received, I found that through AVRT I have developed a more mindful self aware way of looking at things. Both AVRT and 'mindfulness' both provide and require some breathing space around our thoughts. This for me gives me the chance to accept thoughts and understand that they are no more than thoughts, not requirements for my immediate response.

I don't see any AVRT worthy of note either, but I do see an understanding that is more mindful and self aware. This is good.