Where to post AA and AVRT and SMART comparisons

Old 01-04-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation Where to post AA and AVRT and SMART comparisons

I'm sure Frank won't mind me reposting this here as a community service

Where to post AA and AVRT and SMART comparisons
Hi,

DEE or someone locks threads in secular recovery when people mention anything negative about AA. Usually it is stated "there are other forums where you can do that" but never a link to those forums.

In my previous post I'm talking about the pros and cons of using part of AA (meetings) with AVRT.

So, before this thread gets locked, WHERE are we allowed to have this kind of discussion?

thanks

Frank
We started the secular forum as a place for people to discuss their secular recovery.

Criticising AA is something quite different to that.

Hence our rule declaring 12 step topic out of bounds in the Secular Connection forum.

As long as you keep in mind rule 4
No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.
you can post anywhere else on these kinds of issues (outside of the womens forum if you're a man or vice versa, and the Newcomers forum where recovery method debates are not allowed)

Keep in mind tho others may not like what you post

the secular 12 step forum is often a good place for this kind of thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...step-recovery/

If you have any other questions it's best to PM a Forum staff member rather than posting on other peoples threads.

Dee 'The Thread Locker'
SR

Last edited by Dee74; 09-09-2013 at 09:04 PM.