Worst drunk ever hopes to launch into AVRT

Old 12-20-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

This is pretty corny but also true, thank you.

My first wife and I were together 20 years; she died of cancer. One day, she asked me where my next wife would come from. We lived in a multi-racial community, and I think she expected me to answer Japanese, Caucasian, Hawaiian, etc. I was totally unprepared for the question, and usually am slow to think of good responses.

But I answered, "She'll come from heaven, just as you did."

Well, that's not the end of the story. My next wife actually came from next door--but it's been a long road to heaven. It took us eight years to realize we were both alcoholic and needed to quit drinking (also unemployed and broke). We are now both 50 days sober and have been to fifty meetings. We never want to be around alcohol, and plan on going to meetings as long as possible.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
coldfusion...I love corny Seems you have been twice gifted in love.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

or a sasquatch hunter

I am dying on this one.

Thank you
Old 12-20-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Originally Posted by ARTEMIS View Post
or a sasquatch hunter

I am dying on this one.

Thank you
I wish our adventures had been as fun as sasquatch hunting. We were more like doomsday preppers: there HAD to be enough wine to carry us through to the next blackout. Now that we're sober, I--the scientist atheist--actually believe the best place to find a soul mate is the nearest AA meeting. It's definitely the coolest people we've met in this town...
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

So it's been a LOONGG while since I posted, at first because I was doing so well in my sober freedom, and then didnt because I drank. just a little at first and before I knew it was tanking down more than I ever have.

I write from my bed in rehab. Just got here 3 hours ago. I HATE IT already and want to run to the nearest bar. Trying to get the RR stuff back into my head. At least they dont do AA here (they use SMART)...

I hope I can do this.... the beast is thrashing and Im being tortured...
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

SMART and RR have a common early history so your beast is going to talk against what it knows works.

Welcome back to SR and congratulations on knowing when it was time for rehab.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

heya, I'm here in Melbourne and really feeling for you there in rehab.

I've got only part way through your main post (started November last year), but saw you're online.

I too have been struggling terribly with drinking / not drinking and also waiting for my RR book to arrive. Kinda ironic that you're in rehab right now 'just up the road' while I was in rehab this time last year...stayed sober for six full months, then busted many times since, and now drinking again. But NEVER giving up NEVER. I drank a lot more years than you and am 57 y.o. Absolute shite, really.

You're in great company here on SR kiddo! Marvellous that you can in fact connect with SR people whilst in rehab - the wonders of the steam age. Bless you, and just take one minute / hour at a time if you need to.