SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Back once again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/273486-back-once-again.html)

dybehfar 11-06-2012 04:41 AM

Back once again

Hi All,

Some of you may remember me. Some may be away temporarily. I have tried to detox on my on several times using sheer will power and no tools. Some lasted months, some weeks. The last time I used AVRT and RR but chose to use only the parts I liked, while avoiding The Big Plan. I recognized the AV most times, but without "The Big Plan" there were no consequences (not sure if that was the right word). After 4 days the fog has lifted and I once again am on the path and created the Big Plan with my wife.

So off we go.....Thanks for all the support over the years. This is it. I will no longer drink in the now (or present) ever again. I will try and learn from some of you that have gone through this and I know tough days are ahead, but so are better ones.

:thanks

aasharon90 11-06-2012 05:02 AM

Glad you made it back. As you know, so many
don't return and many do who have been beaten
down, worn out from the wear and tear drugs or
alcohol does to our mind, bodies and soul. Then,
of course you hear how many in recovery have
chosen to use the tools and knowledge learned
about addiction to our advantage to find a better
way to live a better way of life without a monster
slowly killing them. Me.

I armed myself slowly each day I didnt drink till
eventually it began to sink in that a program of
recovery was my only hope to stay sober and
become happy, joyous and free like so many have
before me.

Stick with the winner was what I heard to often
and I did as I listened and absorbed all I could
till I was ready to stand on my own and begin to
pass on my own experiences, strengths and hopes
with others who are still struggling with addiction.
Just as I have here with you.

Never do I ever have to stay sober on my own
because I have fellowship of a recovery program
and from many who have learned to stay sober
themselves.

So can you. :c015:

tammy711 11-06-2012 07:13 AM

Do you and your wife have the Rational Recovery book or the Little Book (as it is called)?

tammy711 11-06-2012 09:38 AM

ooops... .it is called The Small Book: The Small Book (Rational Recovery Systems): Jack Trimpey: 9780440507253: Amazon.com: Books

I am almost done with this one: Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction: Jack Trimpey: 9780671528584: Amazon.com: Books (life changing!)

onlythetruth 11-06-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by dybehfar (Post 3658523)
I will no longer drink in the now (or present) ever again.

There it is! The Big Plan.

Congratulations. NEVER CHANGE YOUR MIND.

dybehfar 11-06-2012 06:03 PM

Hi Tammy,

Yes we have the second book you mentioned. It is quite easy to read but hard to master. I hear lots of things in my head and I can really hear the AV. Not so much about drinking directly, but depressive, or celebratoy thoughts that I know will lead me to drinking, but I recognize them for what they are. They are not me rather it is the AV. I have started looking at things quite differently lately. Its hard to say in a post. But today I was just amazed by how a large piece of machinery was working and wondered how all of the engineering had to fall in place just right too make this thing work. I know its not like I saw a light from the heavens or world peace but I would have simply taken it for granted before, if I noticed at all.

I work in a heavy drinking industry, and I am working on navigating those events. More so on my reputation as one that would routinely drink more than my fair share. So its responding to those people that are the challenge for me. For reasons that I cannot share; overt, subtle, or even suspiscion of any drinking problem (I just decided that I am done with the drinking phase of my life forever) would be damaging to my career. So for now I am simply telling people I am on medication for high blood pressure that does not allow me to drink. This part is still hard for me to grasp as far as how I go about transitioning in the minds of others that I simply don't drink anymore...ever. It is is a culture problem in my job / industry.

I know there have been others in this boat with the inabality to speak of, or fall under the suspicion of a drinking problem which forces us to have to hide it, sweep it under the rug and simply suffer along in silence. I would venture a guess many have gone into dangerous situations with this issue. That is why I like RR among other reasons. I just decided I am done. No problems or disease, no admission of an issue (except to my family). No having to report any past issues. I am just done with drinking forever.

I am fortunate not to have lost my job, house, family or finances. I am fortunate not to have physically harmed anyone crashed a car or had run-ins with the law. But I can tell you that was right around the corner. I can feel it, I can sense it.

I may still schedule a confidential personal call(s) with JT, which I saw you can do on RR. That would just be to reinforce what I have read and understood. It doesn't cost that much either.

Sorry for rambling on. I hope this makes sense. I just hope the AV quiets down over time (it can be quite distracting). What a beast it is indeed.