SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   It's all intertwined (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/272400-its-all-intertwined.html)

MissyShelle76 10-26-2012 12:59 PM

It's all intertwined

I have been using RR and really enjoy it. I have found through this path that it leads me or uses other things I have always been interested in (meditation, self-empowerment, etc)

3 days ago, I decided to go 80% raw in my diet. I'm enjoying it except for a nagging headache today. But I know that's normal. Anyway, I found a blog of a woman who has been RAW in one form or the other for 10 years and she looks amazing. She also practices meditation and such.

But I had to chuckle when reading one of her posts: She approaches eating raw, getting in touch with herself and most decisions using SMART recovery methods.

Just another sign to me I am on an amazing path right now. I feel warm inside. I'm not one to look for signs. But I do love how things become so intertwined when you are moving in the right direction.

Cleopatra1 11-03-2012 04:14 AM

hi misssheele,, im very interested in the "raw" ting,, can u shed some more light on it for me?? thank x cleo xx

MissyShelle76 11-04-2012 06:39 AM

Cleopatra, for me, I approach RAW eating this way: If it was grown in the ground, with nothing added to make it something else, I eat it. I'm not 100% there yet but working on it.

Basically, for breakfast, I get out my Ninja blender and put in some spinach, celery, red grapes and an apple with water and blend it up. I then drink that. Throughout the day, I snack on nuts, fruits and a lot of veggies. I also drink a lot of green tea and water.

I try to avoid processed foods, cooked or fried foods. Basically, anything that has a shelf life that outlives me, I avoid.

I'm learning it takes a lot of dedication and time. I'm so new at it, I don't know a lot of recipes. And the prep work irks me some days, lol. But I do find that when I eat unhealthy foods, they bother me more now.

I'm also doing it for weight issues. I have gained quite a bit of weight over the past few months and I hate how it feels on me. Plus my body feels so out of sync. From all I have read, a very healthy diet is the best medicine of all.

Cleopatra1 11-04-2012 09:32 AM

wow thanks miss sheele,, thats so interesting,, im a fan of healthy foods, im on my detox at mo,, adopted the avrt and gone thru a whole weekend so far so good, i decided to start af on friday, the pos worst day for me, and thought, well, anyday is a good day to stop,, like now is now, monday will still be now, but just ,then ,,
so i feel quite positive and ive been drinking carrot juice, and homemade lemonade,,yummy, i also eat porrige for brekkie, and drink red tea, its nicer than green tea, but i put a wee bit of honey in it to taste! i also drink it outta a bone china cup and saucer!! lol it makes me feel posh!! hahaha
i snack on nuts and raisins too, but find it hard like you to find any good recipes, maybe i will google, if i find any , i'll let u know.
i agree that it is wonderful to have a healthy body, it helps, and i too need to lose a few pounds that the ole "beast" told me to put on !!!
so i look forward to finding and sharing,, good luck and keep it up hun xx
lv cleo xxx:thanks

MissyShelle76 11-07-2012 10:16 AM

Cleo,

I loved reading your post. Posh? We all needs those moments of decadence. I may go out this weekend and find me a "posh" tea set for myself. I still love my green tea, though. I do not know if I will ever give it up. Almonds are my favorite nuts and I am about to go have a spinach/celery/apple smoothie. The celery really makes it taste so fresh.

Michelle :)

vinyl 11-07-2012 01:51 PM

I'm finally back to eating right myself. I'm not all raw, but my diet is macrobiotics and I feel amazing. I'm also a zen student at a center near my home so I get a lot of meditation in myself and yes, it's all connected. :) Good for you and keep it up!

sugarbear1 11-07-2012 02:17 PM

Scroll down to the Fitness, Health, and Nutrition Forum, lots of great information on there!