would you believe ME if...

Old 07-03-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

would you believe ME if...

... i come up to you, dressed in a shoddy velvet suit, and with stained fingernails and a few missing teeth.

i say "hey, i have this special drink, you can do it only on weekends, it's easy to just drink it in moderation, it's so tasty, accompanies food like nothing else... here, have just a sip, it's been a while, you deserve it!"

no?

spot your beast in there?!

Old 07-03-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Good "shifting" exercise.
What's been the biggest Beast attack you've had in the last week?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My biggest attack from the beast occurred when I was at my lowest point in days. Physically exhausted, emotionally drained, in a fight with my partner. I was so down and angry and it saw the opportunity. I forced myself to post on the May thread and to respond to some people. That gave me some immediate strength. I went for a jog and by the time I returned, no more beast. Has not bothered me since...but I am much more wary.

I know we will all have a traumatic day once in a while that makes us say screw this...What kind of plan do you have for this? Not for the beast, but for you? When You are so upset that you decide you just don't care about yourself right then? It is at this point the beast can make its move.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Good "shifting" exercise.
What's been the biggest Beast attack you've had in the last week?
can't remember - i made a point of not going over individual ones in my head after a while, you know they say cognitively the brain first belives everything it hears then only in second processing it looks to see what's improbable or untrue etc... so i notice mine, recognise and let them go.

the weekend one was a doozy for months, and still comes back now and then. but fearing and noting beast activity (after it's gone and you're still happily straight) IS beast activity. that's my interpretation of it anyway.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by HitRockBottom70 View Post
My biggest attack from the beast occurred when I was at my lowest point in days. Physically exhausted, emotionally drained, in a fight with my partner. I was so down and angry and it saw the opportunity. I forced myself to post on the May thread and to respond to some people. That gave me some immediate strength. I went for a jog and by the time I returned, no more beast. Has not bothered me since...but I am much more wary.

I know we will all have a traumatic day once in a while that makes us say screw this...What kind of plan do you have for this? Not for the beast, but for you? When You are so upset that you decide you just don't care about yourself right then? It is at this point the beast can make its move.
The Big Plan cuts every connection between how great or how horrible I feel and the desire to feel that buzz from booze. Within less than one second of thinking of drinking, the Big Plan cuts it off and it's over.

What plan do I have for ME to do? as opposed to for the Beast NOT to do?
Well, it could really be almost anything. You decided to post on SR and went for a jog.

Me? I don't think I've ever not cared for myself. But when I feel I've allowed myself to be taken advantage of, I will learn from it and possibly indulge myself in something I like (but definitely not what IT likes).
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If that happen to me then I would be thing who slip me drugs. LOL