Interested in Secular Sobriety meetings

Old 05-07-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Interested in Secular Sobriety meetings

Hi all..

I recently decided my addiction was too much to handle, and jumped into AA.. After two relapses and a bunch of hell I am now doing much better and have actually got my ninety days behind me.

That being said, I'd really like to know if there is a secular alternatives in the Nashville TN area that anyone can direct me to. I have had my fill of AA, and I want something -- well more secular.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days! There is something called Secular Organisations for Sobriety, and they have meetings, but they are harder to find than AA. You also might want to check out Rational Recovery, they don't use meetings anymore, but their methods are popular with people looking for a secular alternative. There is also SMART recovery, which also has meetings i believe.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
totfit

I used to be part of and helped organize an SOS meeting in Nashville. I have even gone to a few of the National meetings and went with the branch LSR or Lifering Secular Recovery. (There is history, but it doesn't matter). I have had a few lapses over the years, but been 99% sober except for those few. Unfortunately, there is not anything going on right now. There are a couple of mailing lists with Lifering. The information is at: http://www.unhooked.com. If you ever want to just chat and or compare notes you can PM me for my contact details. I am located in Murfreesboro now, but work in Nashville.Congrats on your 90. We all deserve not to drink.

Last edited by Dee74; 05-10-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: removed email address
Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hmm

Originally Posted by totfit View Post
I used to be part of and helped organize an SOS meeting in Nashville. I have even gone to a few of the National meetings and went with the branch LSR or Lifering Secular Recovery.
What happened to the SOS meetings in Nashville?