SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Curious (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/251995-curious.html)

DoinThis 03-21-2012 03:51 AM

Curious

Ok, well I have square eyes, I've been on SR too long.

Can u please tell me the best spot to find out about AVRT and RR (I don't even know what the RR stands for). The quickest most concise way to sumarize what it's all about. Then I will start looking at threads etc.

I'm very interested. 7 weeks sober and I've been calling my alcy thoughts just that for the last 6 months because the 'real me' wants a life free of addiction. The alcy voices beat me down for a while but the real me is winning this time.

Thanx in advance :)

m1k3 03-21-2012 06:31 AM

DoinThis,

Here is the url for the Rational Recovery website:

There is lots of information there on how to get started. In addition people much more knowledgeable than I recommend reading "Rational Recover: The New Cure for Addiction".

I am currently reading the old Small Book which is not recommend any more.

Also there are a bunch of threads talking about RR and how it works in this forum. For starters try: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...iscussion.html

I hope this helps. Keep posting and ask as many questions as you want.

Your friend,

Terminally Unique 03-21-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by DoinThis (Post 3328756)
Can u please tell me the best spot to find out about AVRT and RR (I don't even know what the RR stands for). The quickest most concise way to sumarize what it's all about. Then I will start looking at threads etc. I'm very interested.

The best place to find out what AVRT is, of course, at the Rational Recovery web site itself. AVRT is set forth in the book "Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction" by Jack Trimpey. You can do a Google search on "Rational Recovery", "Crash Course on AVRT", or "AVRT in a Nutshell" for some quick information on it. There is also an on-going AVRT discussion thread in this forum, which starts here:
This is from the official RR Frequently Asked Questions:

What is Rational Recovery®?

Rational Recovery® is the exclusive, worldwide source of counseling, guidance, and direct instruction on self-recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs through planned, permanent abstinence. We use an exclusive method, AVRT®, which is by far the most cost-effective, dignified approach of all.

What is AVRT®?

AVRT® is the lore of independent recovery from substance addiction in a brief, consumer-ready, service-marked, educational format. Many visitors to this website have recovered using The Crash Course on AVRT. In fact, AVRT is based upon the common thread of success as described to us by thousands of self-recovered people.

It is a comprehensive remedy for addiction, allowing addicted people to fully recover in as short a time as they like, without regard to age of onset, the substance of choice, previous unsuccessful attempts at recovery, and the existence of other personal problems. AVRT-based recovery is nothing more or less than secure, permanent abstinence.

AVRT is simple, quick, and easy so much so, that it may seem "too good to be true." That objection, of course, is an example of the Addictive Voice, because it supports continued addiction. The definition of the Addictive Voice is, any thinking that supports or suggests the possible future use of alcohol and other drugs. Any contradiction of a personal commitment to permanent abstinence is the Addictive Voice. Simple, isn't it? AVRT is powerfully simple!

© Copyright, 2012, Rational Recovery Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

DoinThis 03-21-2012 01:02 PM

Thanx guys, will check it out today and order the book also. Very interested as I've though along these lines myself before actually 'knowing' there was others out there too :)